bill_green
10-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Will there be one? When and where?

thanx
Bill

tclifford
10-13-2006, 01:36 PM
OH YES, OH YES, OH YES....

Times and dates are forthcoming quickly...but rest assured lurking in the shadows are a hard working GUA board and team selecting and qualifying the right site for the job!

We have a board meeting at Graph Expo where more plans will be finalized!

Please be patient, operators are standing by....

wendytf
10-13-2006, 01:58 PM
I just assumed it would be in Florida this year.

tclifford
10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Hello all,

We are currently looking at Tahiti, Mozambique, Sardinia, Dubai, Florida & Arizona. Okay maybe I’m embellishing a bit, but we are looking at great 5 star places in the US to host next year’s conference. More soon. - tc

bill_green
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
We are currently looking at Tahiti, Mozambique, Sardinia, Dubai, Florida & Arizona. - tc

Have you ever been to Mackinac Island?

tclifford
10-13-2006, 06:00 PM
No I have not but I have heard it is awesome! No place for a confrence though...too far from any big airports... tc

wendytf
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Arizona would be a great choice.

bill_green
10-13-2006, 06:56 PM
...too far from any big airports... tc

Sad but true. Well a guy can dream can't he? ;-)

brians
10-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Chicago would be great. Nice centralized location.

wendytf
10-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Didn't everyone just leave Chicago?

I know there was a GUA Board meeting at the Expo.

tclifford
10-23-2006, 03:36 AM
How about Arizona?

wendytf
10-23-2006, 04:14 AM
Tom

Arizona is perfect. Scottsdale has some great facilities.

robert.hammen
10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
With the current economic situation in the printing industry (at least around here), finding hotels that aren't $200+ a night would be greatly appreciated... otherwise we won't be able to go...

tclifford
10-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Tom

Arizona is perfect. Scottsdale has some great facilities.

Phoenix is the place we are focusing on. Finding places that can house 300+ people and have meeting facilities with the technical needs we must have are hard to find for under $200 US. We are working hard to keep costs low. Dopin't forget the $3000 credit from Kodak. That is still in place and a great way to offset costs. - tc

lmacdonald
11-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi All,

Yes - we did have a GUA Board Meeting at Graph Expo - it was a great meeting and the board did agree on the final selection of venue for 2007. The Conference will be May 30 - June 2, 2007 in Phoenix, Arizona at the Biltmore. (http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/).

We are in the Program design phase of the conference right now - we expect registration to roll out in January.

We are looking at running a "business/strategy" track, and Learning track (moving all the classroom sessions into a Learning track) on Wednesday, May 30th and opening the lab that day for those folk who just can't get enough lab time :)

Let me know what you think of those ideas - as well as others you may have about the conference - the board had lots of good ideas for sessions - I'll be coming back to this thread as the program develops to get your thoughts and feedback on the program :)

Best regards,
Lesley

jminrod
11-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Tom, Can you please clarify on the $3000 issue.

wendytf
11-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Lesley, I like the idea of the lab being open on Wednesday, and the idea of Learning sessions.

Jim, I can tell you a little about the conference credit. For each delegate that attends, your company can purchase software from Kodak and receive $3,000 U.S. off the purchase price. I believe you can claim for up to 3 delegates, spouses not included. The software list is quite long.

rob.morgan
11-02-2006, 06:28 AM
I see one of the resort's golf courses is the "Adobe Course". hmmm, I wonder if Dov Isaacs can get us a deal there? :-)

Rob

lmacdonald
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your post - we were actually in negotiation with 3 resorts in Arizona, one of which was a Fairmont property, and the other was a Starwood property - but in comparing the value of the negotiated deals for delegates - the Biltmore was willing to include ammenities that the other properties were not (high speed access for example).

We (the board) have had a number of discussions about the issue you raised of a reduced fee for delegates who don't want to attend the evening event. We've decided to run a survey amongst the delegates that attended last year to better understand how many folk feel this way.

The problem we are wrestling with is that arrangements for an evening event of this scope (400 plus people) must be arranged six months in advance - we have to commit numbers and food & beverage contracts, as well as pay a deposit to secure the venue. However, the vast majority of delegates register for the conference a couple of months out - we cannot risk a shortfall in event attendance because we run the event and the association as a not-for-profit, which means that your Registration fees pay the hard costs of your attendance - there is no slush fund to cover a shortfall.

So - it's kind of an all in or all out situation - we can either plan the networking events for everyone, or we can't do them at all. The board feels strongly that they add value to most delegates - but we want to do the survey to make sure we hear all the feedback from you and the rest of the folk that make the conference successful :)

You should see the survey in the next few weeks...

Let me know if you have questions - I'd be happy to help clarify.

Thanks,
Lesley

rdarnell
11-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I use to live in PHX and I have been to the Biltmore a few times. I seem to recall the GATF Color Conference being held there at least once. Not too shabby of a place, but AZ is not exactly a major print market. Whose plant would we be touring? What beach are we going to? What amusement park are we renting out for the night? There is no Phoenix Aquarium that I can remember...these are the important GUA issues to address. There's the desert, strip malls and really large bugs. I'm in.

lmacdonald
11-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Hi Rick :)

We are working on all of those details right now - I'm working with our great events producer that we've been working with for years, Judy Christianson - I'm sure she'll have lots of options for us to choose from when she comes back from her second site visit in January :)

I'm currently working with the Product teams to get all of their program ideas (the board gave me theirs at the meeting at Graph Expo) - we went over the results of the conference survey - so we know - more workshops, lab hours, one-to-one meetings and roundtables - but if you have specific stuff you would like to see...let me know.

Lesley

rdarnell
01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Any definate word on dates, city and cost? I'm trying to buget and plan for 07 and I'd like to square away GUA ASAP.

I'd like to see a session on InSite Customization - Info Sheets, etc...

wendytf
01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
From the "USA & Canada" thread.

Hi All,

GUA Conference 2007 will be held May 30 - June 2 at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix, Arizona (http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/). Conference planning is underway - registration will launch in January 2007 at www.mygua.org.

The registration fee will be 895.00 US (early bird discount for early registrants) - additional fee for classroom courses & Strategy track

Registrants must pay for their own travel & accommodation - the conference room rate at the Biltmore will be 205.00 - to receive this rate all rooms must be booked through registration launching January 2007 at www.mygua.org.

Kodak Conference Credit is 3,000 US toward the purchase of select Kodak products - this credit alone can offset the cost of your participation!

Resort Ammenities included:
High-speed internet access
Unlimited local telephone calls
Long-distance access fees – no charge for cc, toll free & collect calls
Biltmore Spa & Fitness Center
Biltmore Fashion Park shuttle
Morning newspaper
Unlimited use of Putting Course

Resort Features:
Built in 1929, this Arizona Historical Landmark is the only Frank Lloyd Wright inspired hotel in the world.
738 luxuriously appointed guestrooms – including 82 suites.
Located only 7 miles from Sky Harbor International airport.
Total indoor function space over 100,000 square feet
Total outdoor function space over 109,000 square feet
22,000 square foot European Spa – Features 80 treatments
Full service fitness center and full service Salon
Five Restaurants
Two 18 hole PGA rated courses, 36 holes in all
18-hole championship putting course
Seven lighted tennis courts
Eight swimming pools, including a 92 foot water slide
Lawn games:volleyball, ping-pong, horseshoes, croquet and lawn chess
Seven retail shops
Business Center

If you have questions, or require clarification please email lesley.macdonald@kodak.com.

Best regards,
Lesley

lmacdonald
01-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks Wendy for copying the post - if you all have additional questions I'll do my best to respond to them :)

Best regards,
Lesley

rdarnell
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks - I found the parellel thread in the other forum too.

I am still interested in a session on inSite Customization. Is there any interest in this?

lmacdonald
01-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi Rick,

I forwarded your request to the development team - they have all the feedback from the board and are working on their proposed abstracts for the program this week :) The deadline for them to have all proposed sessions back to me is Friday - so I can update you then...

Talk to you soon,
Lesley

Eric Biggins
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Just curious as to what the GUA conference is like for newcomers. I have been a Prinergy user for a few years but now have more of a Prinergy admin role in my current position with a new company. I'm thinking about attending the conference and was curious about what the layout/schedule/events of the days looked like and what to expect. Any feedback from users that have attended in the past would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Eric

tclifford
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Jim,

I'm no newcomner, but I was one 10 years ago. Attending my first GUA was the best move my company ever made. Meeting developers, networking with peers and influancing future versions of Creo/Kodak softwware was all the tools I need to make the trip each and every year. The hands on lab is awesome for seeing new software versions and pickignthe brains of top Kodak developer and product managers. if yo uhave questions, this is the once stop place to get your answers. You will no be disappointed! - tc

rdarnell
01-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Go for the all-you-can-eat breakfast meat. Stay for the drink until you drop evening social events. And that stuff about trying new software and meeting developers, yeah, that too.

Does anyone really need a reason to be sent to the Biltmore Resort? Besides, the company doing the sending, I mean.

wendytf
01-22-2007, 08:05 PM
The sessions are generally about an hour each, and run from 9ish to 4ish. Some are classroom format, and some are at tables with your peers.
The trip is worth it just to hear Dov Isaacs speak.
I think someone put in a proposal this year for all the first-timers to wear big red cone-shaped hats so we can spot them and show them around.

;)

rwolfe54
02-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Any word on when we can register? It doesn't look like the GUA website has been updated with the 2007 information.

Thanks,
Robert Wolfe
Century Graphics

wendytf
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Last year registration didn't go up until the middle of February.

lmacdonald
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi All,

OUr original target was to have online registration for the conference available by the end of January. Due to some added complexity (new features :) in the Program, and some back end banking issues - we are a bit delayed.

The GUA Board and the Kodak GUA Program Committee approved of the final program design last week and we are now working hard on registration to launch it asap.

I will update on this thread when we can confirm the actual launch date - current plans call for launch mid-February.

Let me know if you have any questions :)
Best regards,
Lesley

wendytf
02-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Just wanted to mention that I had previously looked at flights to Arizona out of Toronto. They were $392 each way.
Air Canada has a really good deal on prices until May 31st if you book before February 22nd. Flights are now at $144. The offer is good for all flights from Canada to the U.S.
The cutoff is too early to benefit flights home, but that's a great deal on flights down.
Hopefully registration will be up in time for some of us canucks to take advantage.

rdarnell
02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Mid february has passed - are we at Marchish for the online registration to begin?

brett
03-02-2007, 12:44 AM
I tried getting ahold of Lesley MacDonald... but apparently she is no longer with the company. That might be part of the reason behind it. Anybody know anything about this?

Eric Biggins
03-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I sent Leslie a message over a week ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm fairly new to the forums, but from what I've noticed on the forums this isn't typical behavior from her. I noticed that on the US/Canada forum, that Cheryl Nelan from Kodak responded to a question about the GUA conference just the other day, where previous dialogue had been answered by Leslie. In that post she mentions technical issues that they had ran into with setting up the conference, but doesn't mention anything about Leslie. ???

Note- on the US/Canada forums, Cheryl Nelan says that they expected to have their problems corrected, and post the conference info by the end of this week.

brett
03-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I sent Leslie a message over a week ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm fairly new to the forums, but from what I've noticed on the forums this isn't typical behavior from her. I noticed that on the US/Canada forum, that Cheryl Nelan from Kodak responded to a question about the GUA conference just the other day, where previous dialogue had been answered by Leslie. In that post she mentions technical issues that they had ran into with setting up the conference, but doesn't mention anything about Leslie. ???

Note- on the US/Canada forums, Cheryl Nelan says that they expected to have their problems corrected, and post the conference info by the end of this week.

I was told Leslie isn't at Kodak anymore, and Cheryl is now in her position.

stephen.minney
03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
So is it true that Lesley no longers works for Kodak? From my years attending the conference, Lesley has always been a very good advocate of the conference and keeping it a users conference, especially after all the marketing hype that went on last year. I think Lesley will be sorely missed from the conference and the influence she had within Creo/Kodak. I wonder what spin is going to be on this years conference? Will it be a "look at me" conference or the more technical style that was spoken of the the AGM last year?

wendytf
03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
I stumbled upon the event registration site 5 days ago, but still no official link to it from the ecentral site. 5 days ago? And no information from the reps.

It's nice to get a look at the program (even with all the typos). I see some new sessions added, and an all-day Adobe workshop. Early registration is April 1st, so that's not leaving people much time. I also got an email from Air Canada today - flight prices go back up tomorrow.

Steve LeFever - great speaker. I'm not sure how interested the basic prepress operator will be (although the owners might be), but he is entertaining.

Here's hoping the organizers get things sorted out soon.

rdarnell
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Where is this registeration site? I've seen nothing yet - I'd like to get registration done before my employer changes their mind.

cnelan
03-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, the GUA Conference 2007 is coming! It will be held May 30th thru June 2nd in Phoenix. Full details will be on the site in the next few days.

wendytf
03-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Conference registration is up on the eCentral main page now. Jim Langley is no longer listed as speaker though.

Also, look for the announcement here at the top of the threads about Lesley leaving Kodak. Did she take Jim with her?

Wish the best for her.

cnelan
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes, the conference registration is up. But, we did recently hear that Jim Langley has a conflict and will not be able to attend. Jeff Jacobson, our COO, is still the keynote speaker. In addition, Jeff Hayzlett, our CMO, will be speaking on Wed. about our vision for the Kodak Network. And, of course, the ever popular Executive Bull Pen will be full of top executives from Kodak.

Reading through the thread, I see there were several comments about my role and what will happen with Lesley leaving. Let me help clarify. Lesley was reporting to me for the past 9 months. There is a plan to replace her but I want to make sure we have the best talent available so I suspect that might take some time. In the meantime, my entire team is jumping in to support.

Pat Henehan will be managing the conference itself. She has a strong background in event management and will make sure the conference meets all your expectations. She worked with Lesley last week for tranistioning and Lesley has provided her everything she needs to make it a success.

As for plans for the conference, don't worry, Lesley and I have been working together for quite some time. The value of the technical conference for users is very high - both for you as users and for Kodak. This will continue as it has in the past. We are working closely with the GUA Board for the on-going support of the GUA and the conference itself. As for the marketing hype, we have added a business-focused day prior to the main conference - the Kodak Network Symposium. This is an addition for those looking for more marketing and business support, which we have heard from some of our members. The main conference is still focused on the users and technical aspects.

Hope this helps. A little about me - I work for Jeff Hayzlett, our Chief Marketing Officer. I highly value the GUA and all it offers to both our users and to Kodak. I've been actively involved in several user's groups throughout my career and find this one to be among the best. I am excited to work closely with the board and members to help insure the GUA's continued success. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or comments as we move forward. I look forward to seeing you all at the conference!

Cheryl Nelan
Director, Customer Development
Kodak's Graphic Communications Group

robert.hammen
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
A couple of comments for future conferences (I posted this a long time ago but apparently Lesley didn't like the message I sent, as my post was deleted).

a) I think you guys need to understand the economic reality of the industry. Printers are under constant price pressure. It's difficult enough to justify the conference registration... when you factor in $200+ per night hotels, it makes it unworkable for a lot of companies. The "have it in a warm location" might be OK for winter, but I think you'd have better attendance if you had your conferences in industry-heavy cities like New York or Chicago (maybe around the time of GraphExpo)...

b) The marketing materials for the conference push the "up to $3k of software discounts/credits" but NEVER have I seen where it's spelled out WHAT software this can be used on. That's the kind of info that's critical for folks like me to justify to management the expense to attend such a conference (i.e. if we could apply that $3k to the Prinergy 4 upgrade suddenly attendance is a no-brainer)...

Just trying to provide some input/feedback. Please don't delete my message again... move it into another thread if you must (I know a lot about vBulletin, as I am a moderator of an automotive-related web site in my spare time)...

--Robert

paulh
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Where is this registeration site? I've seen nothing yet - I'd like to get registration done before my employer changes their mind.
https://ecentral.creo.com/cua/

cnelan
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Paul - the GUA registration can be reached by clicking the link on the mygua.org home page for the conference. Alternatively, here is the direct link...

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=7506093a-682d-4ac7-9ce6-cf2636c07ae7

wendytf
03-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Robert, I remember your post with your concerns from before.

I suppose everyone has different preferences, but I like that the conference is held in a "vacation" atmosphere. When I attend, I stay the full week, and the conference credit has covered the cost of the trip each time.

The complete list of products has always been posted on the registration page before the conference takes place. (It is not up yet). The list is several pages long, and has been basically the same each year, with the newer products added. The prices are the same (or less) than what your rep would quote.

After attending last year, my employer purchased the dual normalizer for Prinergy. The year before we used it to upgrade our copy of preps. I know that RBA and Upfront software were on the list, a number of Prinergy extensions, also Preps, Evo, Insite and others.

I can send you last year's list if you like.

tclifford
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Robert,

First, I know of no postings that have been or will be deleted in this forums. This forums is about the people, by the people and if we need to swallow a few pills we will do that. We can’t be perfect or we would not need feedback forums like this. I know I can’t prove or disprove the deleting thing, but you must know I have no knowledge of postings being deleted.

Second, picking a hotel/venue that can house 400+ people and have the conference space we need to pull this conference off is a pretty tall task. Your feedback is important as we listen to and talk about each and every piece of feedback. Sure there are hotels that are less money per night, but do they have rooms large enough to house all of use for meals and enough rooms for meetings and technical seminars? That’s the big question. Certainly there are less expensive rooms around and you are welcome to stay there if you so desire. No one ever said you have to stay at the hotel the conference is scheduled at.

Third, there is a listing of software and hardware that the $3000 can be used on. I have a copy right here and would be willing to send you a scan version of it if you so desire. I think everyone was given a copy at the last GUA as part of your welcome packet. Contact me offline and I’ll see you get one.

Thank you for your feedback.

A couple of comments for future conferences (I posted this a long time ago but apparently Lesley didn't like the message I sent, as my post was deleted).

a) I think you guys need to understand the economic reality of the industry. Printers are under constant price pressure. It's difficult enough to justify the conference registration... when you factor in $200+ per night hotels, it makes it unworkable for a lot of companies. The "have it in a warm location" might be OK for winter, but I think you'd have better attendance if you had your conferences in industry-heavy cities like New York or Chicago (maybe around the time of GraphExpo)...

b) The marketing materials for the conference push the "up to $3k of software discounts/credits" but NEVER have I seen where it's spelled out WHAT software this can be used on. That's the kind of info that's critical for folks like me to justify to management the expense to attend such a conference (i.e. if we could apply that $3k to the Prinergy 4 upgrade suddenly attendance is a no-brainer)...

Just trying to provide some input/feedback. Please don't delete my message again... move it into another thread if you must (I know a lot about vBulletin, as I am a moderator of an automotive-related web site in my spare time)...

--Robert

robert.hammen
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Let me be a little more specific on my concerns.

a) It would be easier to justify this event if it were held right before or right after an event like GraphExpo. Having it at a resort/golf course gives management the _impression_ that this is all about fun and games, not serious study/learning/making contacts.

b) Having it in a major city like Chicago, NY, LA, Boston, Dallas, wherever, is going to give both the board AND the members more options on hotel rooms/choices.

c) Personally, if you're going to have this conference in Arizona, December, January or February are the months to do it... not May (when it's nuclear hot already). Just my opinion.

d) The "list of software" I'd love to have (it should be in the marketing materials/brochure for the conference, or at least a link). Edited is my email address... 262-784-7876 is my fax number.

Thanks,

--Robert

jeffr
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Can that software list be posted to the forum? I would like a copy of it and I'm sure there are others who would like to see it. As Robert mentioned, we all have to justify the costs for these trips and need the information for the justification as soon as possible.

Is the $3000 credit per person that attends or is there a cap?

Jeff Rhoades

wendytf
03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
The list is probably too long to post here. Once it's finalized, I expect it will be added to the registration site.

I can tell you that in previous years, the credit was good for up to 3 people from each company. So, total of $9,000.

mjohnson
03-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Jeff Jacobson leaving? as announced on whattheythink.com

Jeff Jacobson, our COO, is still the keynote speaker.

Any thoughts on who will be the keynote speaker now?

tclifford
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Hello All,

Yes Jeff is leaving and Yes we need to find a new keynote speaker. Cheryl is working with the board to find a suitable replacement. We are looking to Jeff's replacement, Andrew Copley as one option. We are on top of this at the moment but one thing is for sure, we will not have an hour of silence. Someone will be keynoting...

more soon

tc

Jeff Jacobson leaving? as announced on whattheythink.com

Any thoughts on who will be the keynote speaker now?

wendytf
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Can we get Steve Jobs?

heh

Eric Biggins
03-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Anyone know if the list of software that qualifies for this years conference cost reimburstment exists? If so where do I find it?

Thanks,
Eric

robert.hammen
03-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Anyone know if the list of software that qualifies for this years conference cost reimburstment exists? If so where do I find it?

^^^^
Is there an echo in here? http://www.mygua.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5990&postcount=45

Seriously, how hard is it to get this information and put it into a PDF on the registration site?

tclifford
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes there is an echo and no it should not be hard. I know I had a listing but I can't seem to find it now...just my luck!

I'll find it and post it here.

tc

[update] Here you go!

thomas

^^^^
Is there an echo in here? http://www.mygua.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5990&postcount=45

Seriously, how hard is it to get this information and put it into a PDF on the registration site?

Eric Biggins
03-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks Thomas! I think quite a few people have been looking for this document.

I will say that I got a hold of last years just this morning, and it was much more informative than this 2007 version. The biggest problem with this years is they didn't list the prices for the software like they did in the 2006 version, which would have been helpful.

Thanks again,
Eric

tclifford
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi GUA Members,

If you haven’t already registered for the upcoming 2007 GUA Conference – I strongly recommend you do.

Kodak has once again, committed to putting customers front and center – in the form of sending Kodak CEO, Antonio Perez to deliver our Key Note address. Mr Perez , CEO from one of the Fortune 500 Companies in the US – has a great vision for Kodak and has tremendous personal presence, so this promises to be a great session to kick off the event. We (the GUA board), have worked with Kodak and others to incorporate all of your feedback from Conference 2006 to continue to deliver exactly what GUA members say they want. To check out the details go to the conference banner at www.mygua.org .

I’d like to apologize that information about the event has not been as clearly communicated as in past years. We lost a member of the GUA family this past year, as Lesley MacDonald, our long-time Kodak GUA Program Manager decided to leave Kodak to pursue other opportunities. Replacing her is taking some time, and as a result some of our Promotional timetable has slipped. Kodak is actively working with us to catch us up on our planned schedule.

About this year’s conference:
The Conference is moving into its’ next phase – this year there are more planned sessions for owners & managers without sacrificing all of the nuts-and-bolts technical sessions that you’ve told us you love. For the business folk the pre-conference symposium offers all the latest information about the tools Kodak is developing to enable the business of Print, as well as practical hands-on sessions to help develop your business strategies and provide tools to measure your success.

For the technical folk there are pre-conference classrooms and workshops that will help develop specific skills, and more roundtables where you can work with Kodak development teams ensuring that your priorities are represented in future versions of Kodak products. When you are not in technical sessions you may find yourself in the Kodak Workflow Lab, trying out the latest versions/feature sets of Kodak products and chatting with Kodak Developers.

In addition to specific tracks - the conference promises unprecedented access to Kodak Senior Management, Product Managers, Developers, Technical experts and Regional Teams.

We are convinced that this event offers the best educational and networking value to printing professionals – in a setting that will truly blow your socks off. To make it even sweeter, Kodak offers conference delegates a Conference Credit that can more than pay for the time you spend away from your plant. The Kodak Conference Credit is a 3,000.00 US credit per attendee toward the purchase of select Kodak software.

Most of the real value of this event comes from your participation – so make this the year you connect with your colleagues in Print at GUA 2007.

Feel free to contact me or other board members if you would like more information or details on the Conference.

Best regards,
Tom

wendytf
04-11-2007, 01:06 AM
It's nice to see more people signing up in recent days. I was startiing to worry.

I do have a couple of questions. I usually go over the program with my employer before heading away to establish which sessions are important to my company, and my own interest. In previous years, there was some sort of description below the program headings. So, I would like to know what is "GCG Professional Services"and "Lean and Kaizen", and my boss would like to know what the heck is "Fun With Lasers". I'm really happy to see the all-day Adobe Workshop on Wednesday.

Also, many people would like some idea of what the evening events are before registering their spouse/friend/relative.

And can someone explain the room rate to me? I can get a room through the hotel website for the exact same price we are paying. I thought a conference rate was supposed to be a good deal.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the week away.

<eta: nevermind about Lean and Kaizen. I Googled it. >

kjones
04-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm still looking for a version of the list of software credit items that includes pricing. Has anyone got a copy? I can't even get it from my global account manager (that's one item to bring up at the conference, huh?)

Like others have stated, if I can't justify the cost of attending, then I can not go to such an expensive event. it's easy for Kodak to state you get a credit, but apparently it's harder to get the facts needed to make an accurate decision.

I also did not see anything on the credit list for Nexpress or Digimaster. Is that a deliberate decision? The GUA even has sessions on Nexpress and digital printing. Why not offer an incentive for those customers with a digital workflow as well?

Maybe I'll spend the money going to an Adobe conference on CS3 instead.

wendytf
04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I agree. Complete information should have been posted by now.

Ken, I've still got my price list from last year. If there's something specific you'd like a price on, I can quote it for you. Prices don't seem to have changed over the last couple of years. I didn't see anything for Nexpress or DigiMaster either, but if the list is not currently available, it could be they are updating it.

Also, there is an all-day session from Adobe on Wednesday. I believe it is to show what all of the elements of CS3 will do.

wendytf
04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
While looking for updated program today, I noticed that our room rate has been changed to $199. Nice going to get the room under $200. Does this rate still include the $25 per day resort fee? It specified that before, but now does not.

tclifford
04-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Hello -
I'm working with Kodak as we speak to get a listing with prices in place. We have never had this listing pre-conference. Last year there price list was included in your welcome packet. I hope to have this in place very soon. Thank you for your patience - thomas

I'm still looking for a version of the list of software credit items that includes pricing. Has anyone got a copy? I can't even get it from my global account manager (that's one item to bring up at the conference, huh?)

Like others have stated, if I can't justify the cost of attending, then I can not go to such an expensive event. it's easy for Kodak to state you get a credit, but apparently it's harder to get the facts needed to make an accurate decision.

I also did not see anything on the credit list for Nexpress or Digimaster. Is that a deliberate decision? The GUA even has sessions on Nexpress and digital printing. Why not offer an incentive for those customers with a digital workflow as well?

Maybe I'll spend the money going to an Adobe conference on CS3 instead.

tclifford
04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Wendy,

Was the advertised room rate ever not $199? As for the resort fee, I'm not sure on that. I'll see if I can end the confusion by days end. - thomas

While looking for updated program today, I noticed that our room rate has been changed to $199. Nice going to get the room under $200. Does this rate still include the $25 per day resort fee? It specified that before, but now does not.

wendytf
04-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Tom, the room rate was $205 and it included the $25 daily resort fee. The resort fee was for internet access, local calls, newspaper, etc.

Now it says $199, and does not say the resort fee is included. As I said earlier, I can book a room through the Biltmore website for $179 plus the resort fee. I just don't see how our rate is a bargain.

I have a printout of the previous rate from the registration page somewhere, but you can see in Lesley's original posts what the rate was.

Thanx for looking into this, and the other questions.

tclifford
04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi Wendy and et all...

Here is what I know regarding the hotel fee...

Our negotiated rate was $179 plus $20 resort fee = $199. The guest will then be charged 12.07% taxes and a mandatory extra resort fee (which was non negotiable) of a $10 porterage one time fee and $3 per day for the room attendant – this would vary depending on the number of days that the guest has stayed at the hotel and is above and beyond the $20 fee included in the $199. We chose to post it as $199 so that guests wouldn’t be caught off guard when they went to pay their bill .

This is what I know. The room deal the GUA has for $199 does indeed include the fee. The $179 you can get online does not.

tclifford
04-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Wendy, Ken and more...

Just to clarify this price list situation. The listing of items that are available for the $3000.00 Kodak incentive has never been posted online. There was a copy of the price listing in the new member packet you received at previous GUA's. This big difference is that the people who attend get a copy instead of posting it in the forums. Creo never did this and Kodak has no intention of doing this either. I know this is not nearly as convenient as having the price listing, but you do know what products are eligible ( and yes there are more being added for the Nextpress and digital folk) and certainly a call to your TSS or sales guy. I'm told there will be a listing with prices available at the conference and I know of folks who have scans of last years listing that would be willing to send them. Can someone send it to me as I have lost mine... :)~

-thomas

Hello -
I'm working with Kodak as we speak to get a listing with prices in place. We have never had this listing pre-conference. Last year there price list was included in your welcome packet. I hope to have this in place very soon. Thank you for your patience - thomas

Eric Biggins
04-19-2007, 04:40 PM
FYI,

I have emailed Thomas the 2006 price list. If anyone one else would like a copy of it let me know your email address and I will send the PDF to you.

Thanks,
Eric

tclifford
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Thank you!

johngo
04-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Tom or anyone from Kodak,

Any chance of adding yearly "Service" or "Maintenance" fee in the $3000 rebate. Most company don't buy or upgrade software every year, but definetely have to pay expensive support fee yearly for software and hardware support.

Just a thought....or wish..... Thanks

John

roger.isbell
04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I would like a copy if you don't mind.
Thanks in advance
Roger

FYI,

I have emailed Thomas the 2006 price list. If anyone one else would like a copy of it let me know your email address and I will send the PDF to you.

Thanks,
Eric

tclifford
04-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Hmmm I like the idea..not sure what others will say about that --but it never hurts to ask. More soon.

thomas
Tom or anyone from Kodak,

Any chance of adding yearly "Service" or "Maintenance" fee in the $3000 rebate. Most company don't buy or upgrade software every year, but definetely have to pay expensive support fee yearly for software and hardware support.

Just a thought....or wish..... Thanks

John

tclifford
04-23-2007, 07:26 PM
John,

I was told that neither service nor maintenance can be included in the $3000 program. - tc

Eric Biggins
04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
FYI-

Since not everyone who wanted last year's price list for software gave me their email address...

Here is the *2006* parts and price list of qualifying software for conference cost reimbursment, from last years conference.

Hopefully no one has a problem with me posting this dated material. However, like mentioned before prices make it easier for people to help justify the price of attending and should be included in the list before the conference.

Thanks,
Eric

robert.hammen
04-23-2007, 10:59 PM
like mentioned before prices make it easier for people to help justify the price of attending and should be included in the list before the conference.

A huge +1 to this. Hopefully Kodak will learn this for next year. BTW, I have official confirmation from Jon Bracken of Kodak that yes, you can apply the $3k to a Prinergy Connect 4 upgrade from 3 (the pricelist shows Evo but doesn't say anything about Connect)...

wendytf
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, it's May. When will we see the hotel confirmations and the Evening Event information?

tclifford
05-01-2007, 09:57 PM
No idea...but I will soon!

thomas

tclifford
05-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Evening events info should be finalized tomorrow. Did you not get your hotel confirmation? Are there others like this? It is my understanding that this should be working. Please get with me offline and let’s see if we can take care of this.

thomas

wendytf
05-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Yes, I did receive my confirmation from GUA. I'm waiting for a confirmation number from the hotel. Sorry for the confusion, and the impatience.

plavigne
05-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Tom

I did not get a hotel confirmation as well.

aoswood
05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Evening events info should be finalized tomorrow. Did you not get your hotel confirmation? Are there others like this? It is my understanding that this should be working. Please get with me offline and let’s see if we can take care of this.

thomas

Hey Tom, It is going on a week before the event and still no Evening Event info. What,s the deal?

Andy

rob.morgan
05-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey Tom, It is going on a week before the event and still no Evening Event info. What,s the deal?

Andy
Giant Poker tournament? There's quite a few of us looking to make up for last year's losses. :-)

Rob

wendytf
05-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Here's the information I got 10 days ago from Cheryl.

...sorry about the delay in posting the event information. I'll ask my team to make sure we get it up asap. Anyway, the evening activities are planned. Both Wed. night and Friday night will be at the hotel. Wed. evening will be a general reception, poolside. I believe info is already posted on this one. Friday evening we are working on the final details - a casino night - but it should be a great networking event at the Biltmore. Thurs. night we will be going to the Corona Ranch. You can see details on the ranch at www.coronaranch.com

tclifford
05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Has everyone recieved their hotel confirmations? I got mind from Gerry last week. Just want to make sure they are shoing up. -tc

Yes, I did receive my confirmation from GUA. I'm waiting for a confirmation number from the hotel. Sorry for the confusion, and the impatience.

agiovanni
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I received mine last week as well. Looking forward to the craps table.

Eric Biggins
05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I also received mine last week.

wendytf
05-22-2007, 04:27 AM
I got an email from Hilton Honours with a confirmation number on the 13th, but I did not get and email from Gerry.

Something Gerry and I discussed that I don't see added to the Conference page - for first time delegates especially - if you are travelling on a company credit card, you need to obtain a permission form from the Biltmore. Your employer signs the form so that they can compare it to the credit card signature. I got myself stuck with that last year, but was able to resolve it the day after arriving.

plavigne
05-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Nothing here yet!

wallsmith
06-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I just got back from the GUA conference and I am going over my notes. I am hoping to download the presentations from the conference from this site. I cannot seem to locate them.

Could someone post the link to these downloads?

Thanks,

Jeff

wendytf
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Jeff

I don't think there is a link yet. It usually takes quite some time before anything is posted. I do know that Dov from Adobe had uploaded his, but I can't seem to find it either. It may be on the Adobe website under ASN login.

tclifford
06-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Well Well Well...

GUA 2007 has come and gone and wow what an amazing experience for us all. I know that I for one am filled to the brim with diet coke and new knowledge that I gained at this year’s conference. As for a USA Today and "turn down" service, I can attest it took my wife about 5 seconds to turn me down if you know what I mean! So its business as usual.

I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again, The GUA members are the best and you all ROCK!!! 100%, DO NOT Pass Go, Do not Collect $200!! You are all the best! I had a chance to meet most of you, expect Wendy who I went especially to meet and messed that up. What a truly amazing experience with truly amazing people. Each and every one of you made a difference.

Each and every one of you has an assignment as outlined at the AGM. Make sure to send your emails to the proper people and tell them what your thoughts are on the conference. If you missed the AGM and would like the 411, let me know and I’ll get you what you need.

One piece of information that was missing form this years materials was a listing of all the attendees. I have attached an excel spreadsheet for you to peruse at your leisure.

W few things to remember…first “it’s just a dry heat” and secondly You’re involvement makes all the difference

THANK YOU

tc