View Full Version : Preps 5.2 crashes

10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
I am running Preps 5.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.8. Preps crashes quite often when building templates. I seems most of the crashes occur when working with marks. My operators are ready to revolt and insist on Mac OS 9 and Preps 4.7. Any ideas?

10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I have found that there's some things I won't do, like renumbering multiple pages in a template all at once, and copying-pasting signatures between templates. I also liked to modify my marks files, but some of them were crash-causers. I run OS 10.3.9 with Preps 5.2, and print directly to a Harlequin RIP v. 6.2, and I am satisfied with about one crash a month. Don't know if this helps; good luck!

10-20-2006, 03:04 AM
It has been our experience that tying to execute an undo (Command + Z) will almost always cause a crash with the next operation you try. If you catch yourself using Command + Z and can save immediately, you can avoid the crash.

We haven't had trouble when using static marks, but have had some crashes caused by smart marks.

12-08-2006, 04:27 AM
our preps v5.2.1 crashes all the time now. in th beginning it was stable but after some time, it started to crash with almost every job. rarely with templates, very often with jobs. mostly with previewing signatures or single pages in file list, but yesterday it crashed while just replacing a page in run list with another. sometimes it crashes while saving pdf. i can just squeeze the choice of crashing occasions to: - working with jobs, manipulating pages in job, previewing, saving (printing to) pdf.
we use acrobat 8 pro.
also, version v5.1.2 is rock stable with same jobs but lacking that few nifty features of v5.2.1... :(