PDA

View Full Version : Move Preps 4.2 to another Mac

jhunsel
10-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm trying to move a copy of Preps 4.2 from a G4 to a G5. I thought that it would be as simple as moving the application folder to the new Mac, but I thought wrong. The dongle has been transferred, the G5 rebooted and the correct server volume mounted. When I launch Preps, it immediately gives me a message concerning Acrobat Exchange not being installed. I click OK and then the splash screen appears with no serial number, etc. I then receive a message stating that there's a problem with the dongle.

It's been a few years since I've had to do this and I can't remember if I had to do a reinstall or not. Any suggestions?

jwardlow
10-24-2006, 07:08 PM
You need the dongle driver installed.

edwarde
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
We have learned from experience that migrating preps is a bad idea. If you have the cd, reinstall and apply all of the same settings as on the other machine. As long as you have the blue ikey, your dongle should be fine. If you do not have a cd then after dragging folders...throw away the pwd file and launch again, then follow the prompts. Also change your setting to apply the full version of acrobat as your pdf conversion application.