PDA

View Full Version : Quark 7 postscript settings

dpcurry
12-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Had my first Quark 7 job today. The page gets shifted up about 1/8" in Preps (4.2). Are there different settings I should use when generating my PostScript? I am using the same settings I've always used when printing to a file from any version of Quark. It is a standard 8.5 x 11 page, printed to postscript using 9.5x12 media size, marks turned on, page centered, etc.

prepress45
12-01-2006, 12:03 PM
How did you get Q7 to load on OS 10.3x? When I tried I got an error message saying that Q7 is only for OS 10.4 and we had to upgrade. I called Quark & I believe that it states that on the box. But getting back to your original ?. We have not had that problem. The only problem we have is if we use spot colors the black does not overprint, unless we send it over as CMYK.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Peter Krause
Atlantic Graphic Services

dpcurry
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm running 10.4.8 - my signature info is (was) a little out of date.

edwarde
12-01-2006, 02:22 PM
How did you get Q7 to load on OS 10.3x? When I tried I got an error message saying that Q7 is only for OS 10.4 and we had to upgrade. I called Quark & I believe that it states that on the box. But getting back to your original ?. We have not had that problem. The only problem we have is if we use spot colors the black does not overprint, unless we send it over as CMYK.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Peter Krause
Atlantic Graphic Services

We had the same Black overprint issue but have figured it out.
Use Device N
File, print
Printer
Copy and pages...pull down to printer features
postscript overprint...yes
black overprint...all

Fixes it everytime.
Ed

rgoodman
12-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Had my first Quark 7 job today. The page gets shifted up about 1/8" in Preps (4.2). Are there different settings I should use when generating my PostScript? I am using the same settings I've always used when printing to a file from any version of Quark. It is a standard 8.5 x 11 page, printed to postscript using 9.5x12 media size, marks turned on, page centered, etc.

From what I experienced and seen it seems that there's a bug in Quark 7 where the trim size geometry is not being honored when going to postscript. Here at FLM we fix that with Prinergy and the Geometry Tool Plug-in within Acrobat. But, you could also repair it with Pitstop Professional in Acrobat.

edwarde
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
You have contacted Quark about this I hope.
They will correct it in the next upgrade if you just let them know.

robert.hammen
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
What version of QuarkXPress 7 are you using? I thought that Quark addressed the page geometry issue in 7.02 (if not 7.01)...

dpcurry
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
What version of QuarkXPress 7 are you using? I thought that Quark addressed the page geometry issue in 7.02 (if not 7.01)...

It is 7.02. The only way I could get it to work (without manually applying a page offset to my run list) was by distilling the postscript into a PDF and using a PDF>PDF workflow in Preps.

Another winner from Quark!