PDA

View Full Version : Preps future request

mjohnson
02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
For as long as Preps has been out I have one question that just stumps me why it still has not been added to the newer versions. I would love to be able to open a .job and double click on the template in the signature list to open it. It sounds simple but I am not a programmer. Does anyone else think this would be a nice option?

CLS
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I've wondered the same thing. I think that would be great.

phibbsgraphics
02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I concur. Excellent suggestion!
Chris

gdavenport
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, that's a feature would definitely be helpful.

edwarde
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
We have wondered the same thing. Most programs do have this ability. We would be especially greatful since we have about 2500 templates.

landon.voth
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
This feature has been added to the current version, Preps 5.2.2.

As mentioned in the Preps 5.2.2 What's New and Release Notes documents:
- New SHIFT+right-click shortcut opens a template from the Signature List on Mac OS and Windows.

Thanks for the feature requests and please keep them coming. As a reminder, you can send your feature requests directly to us from the Preps page on the www.graphics.kodak.com website. Here's the direct link to send a feature request for Preps:
http://ecentral.creo.com/ecentral/ssi/forms/PRcraving.asp

Landon

jcannon
02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Shift+CTRL click also works on a one button mouse. I have found it to be very useful. Thanks.

mjohnson
02-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!! Just did the upgrade and it works like a charm.

robinx
02-09-2007, 11:16 AM
This feature has been added to the current version, Preps 5.2.2.

i didn't know that although it was my long-time desire for preps. this is indeed a great time saving feature similar to the introducing the smartmarks a few versions ago :)

by the way, i've just tested that in 5.1.3 and it works!

rgoodman
02-13-2007, 06:31 PM
on the Mac side, before OSX, I used to be able to use ResEdit to add some additional keyboard commands to Preps.

How about adding some keyboard commands for:

- Add Crop Marks
- Load Profile
- Add Independant Page

Also, once someone brings up the "Add Crop Marks" window, I'd like to see "all on" and "all off" buttons added.

In our shop we prefer a dashed line to indicate fold marks. Maybe also add the ability in "Add Crop Marks" the ability to choose between a solid line mark for your crop or a dashed line.

robinx
02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
ok i'll add one idea which popped in my mind just now: a filter in Open Template dialog. something like textbox so one can enter a simple string to get list more narrower :)

dwyers
02-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Shift+CTRL click also works on a one button mouse. I have found it to be very useful. Thanks.

Shift+CTRL click opens up a Preview window on my Mac - what does it open on yours?

We are running 5.2.1 still and presume the coming Prinergy 3.1.0.5 upgrade will bring the Preps upgrade with it.

Dennis Wyers.

matmac
02-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Thanks Kodak. This new feature works GREAT and takes the hassle out of locating individual templates in enormous template listings.

(As per my request http://www.mygua.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1019)

I'll 2nd Robinx request for a keyword filter on the "open template" dialog box.

Warm Regards,

Matt

PREPS: 5.2.2
MAC OS 10.3

jcannon
02-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Shift+CTRL click opens up a Preview window on my Mac - what does it open on yours?

Dennis Wyers.
CTRL+Click opens the preview window for me. Shift+CTRL+Click opens the template editor. I'm on 5.2.2.