View Full Version : Creep going wrong way

02-22-2007, 01:27 PM
We have a calendar 9x6 landscape. 20 pp.

We put an inside creep of .046".

The attached screenshot show the wackiness of Preps.

It thinks the binding is vertical rather than hortizontal on the 9" side of the page.

Anybody know how to fix without manually creeping the layout doc or the run list?

02-22-2007, 02:48 PM
To Preps the binding is always at the inner side. You just have to change the orientation of the pages and turn the pages for 90 respective 270 degrees in the list.

Sorry for may poor English. But I hope you understand, what I mean.

Eric Biggins
02-22-2007, 03:53 PM
There's 2 ways to fix this that I know of, but it's been a while since I've had a situation like this.

1) Open the template and get info on each page. Under additional settings there is a Shingling (creep) section where you can assign which edge of the page has your spine (top, bottom, left, right). Right now in your situation, preps is confused as to what edge is actually the spine.

2) Set up your preps template as a regular 6x9 book and rotate your pages in Prinergy under Set Page Geometry. This will place them in the correct spot, with the correct head position, and then the creep setting will take care of shifting your pages the correct direction. This one usually is the easiest way, and is what rs-stanneck recommended.

-Note the second way can make things much easier if this is a calendar type of layout where some pages will be head to foot, but then some pages will be head to head. Sometimes what happens in those situations, a front (A-side) page will need to be head up, but the corresponding back (B-side) page will need to be head down which can't be done in Preps unless you make an independant page on one side. If you take care of the head position in Prinergy by which rotation amount (90 degrees cw or 90 degrees ccw) there is no need for independant pages, and again your creep will always go in the correct direction.