View Full Version : Quark 7

02-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Has support for Quark 7 been added yet?

06-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Dare I ask about CS3? No I better not....

06-05-2007, 09:16 PM
So does Kodak not support Prepare anymore? Or they just dont read this part of the forums? :)

Rob Robinson
08-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Prepare has been updated to at least work with newer software (Acrobat 8 for instance) but I don't believe all of it's features, such as the Quark plug-in, has been kept up with. We began using Prepare soon after it's release and have found that due to it's dependance on third party software and a clean OS it was problematic for most of our customers.

Mostly we use it internally now. Our customers typically will use the 'Press Quality' job option in Distiller to create print ready PDFs, or export directly out of InDesign. For our internal use we don't use the Quark or InDesign Prepare plug-ins due to lack of stability.

For Quark: Create a postscript file and drop that into Prepare.

For InDesign: Use a print style that has "SendToPrepare" as the printer. We imported the supplied "Incl_NoOv_Mrks_Comp" print style located in the Vendors folder, made modifications and are using that for every InDesign PDF. That seems to work very well.

Rumor has it Prepare is undergoing major changes and will no longer be a stand alone application but an integrated part of InSite.