PDA

View Full Version : comments information

morsak
03-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I just upgraded to Preps 5.2.2 and Prinergy 3.1.0.4. I have been using the output comments field from Prinergy when you output to plates or vps and now it doesn't work. Not sure if it is a Prinergy or Preps issue.

In version 5.0.3, we just used $comment and it worked great. When we use that with 5.2.2, it is expecting information from the comment window when you print from preps to generate the job ticket.

I have tried using $outputcomment, but it doesn't like that. Any ideas?

rob.morgan
03-21-2007, 12:24 AM
The correct string to use to get the Prinergy output comment is $[outputcomment]

Prinergy variable marks always contain square brackets. Marks that get swapped out by Preps just have the dollar sign at the start.

Cheers,
Rob

morsak
03-23-2007, 03:35 AM
thanks, that works. That is what we were using, but based on the documentation for preps 5.2.2, it appeared that it wasn't necessary anymore.

jminrod
03-24-2007, 04:30 PM
The brackets aren't needed if you are printing jobs from preps, like when using another workflow, but for the mark to be retained for prinergy to understand it you need the brackets so preps doesn't add its info at the time you are printing your pjtf