PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Pressroom forum?

ssutton
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I have found many forums that have helped in my areas of responsibility (prepress and IT) but does anyone know of a forum specifically for pressmen/press related issues?

mike1
05-15-2007, 03:30 AM
There used to be a good newsgroup on Usenet,
iirc: alt.printing.press but it seemed to die a few years ago.

Perhaps you could start a new one ;-)

robert.hammen
07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I'd love it if we had a section here (other than the GUA Cafe) for talking about Prepress<->Pressroom issues/battles...

tclifford
07-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Great idea. Let me take that to the board and see what they say...more soon

thomas

robert.hammen
07-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Great idea. Let me take that to the board and see what they say...more soon

thomas

While we're at it, see if you can get Kodak to spring for the upgrade from vBulletin software (what this board runs on) from v3.5.4 to v3.6.7 or 3.6.8 (whatever's current)... lots of fixes there, additional features (multi-quote), et. al.

--Robert
moderator of another vBulletin site on the Internet :)

tclifford
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I'll send that request up stream also. I'm not sure what needs ot be done to get that one accomplished, but I'll try none-the-less.

tc

dnapier
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.prepressforums.com/forum/ has a pressroom section.

tclifford
08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
upgrade coming. We have purchased it now we just need to install it.

rock on

tc

While we're at it, see if you can get Kodak to spring for the upgrade from vBulletin software (what this board runs on) from v3.5.4 to v3.6.7 or 3.6.8 (whatever's current)... lots of fixes there, additional features (multi-quote), et. al.

--Robert
moderator of another vBulletin site on the Internet :)

robert.hammen
08-31-2007, 01:08 AM
upgrade coming. We have purchased it now we just need to install it.

Any ETA on this? I have a friend who is very experienced with vBulletin (he runs LS1GTO.com and G8board.com, two automotive websites), who could offer any installation/configuration/plugin consulting help should Kodak need it...

--Robert

tclifford
08-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Hello. There have been some more changes within Kodak and Cheryl has a new role. I'm not sure the status of the upgrade which has not taken place yet. I'll see what I can do on this... -tc