PDA

View Full Version : Limit to impositions in Template

darryl.albright
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
is there an limit, or a fix to the number of signatures you can have in a single template. Currently we have a few, that after 20, you go to save, and you get an EOF error. It also will delete amost 1/2, which are not recoverable.

matmac
06-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I checked some of our larger templates. One of them has 28 signatures. I then duplicated a number of the signatures to a total of 50. The template saved / re-opened OK. This is PREPS 5.2.2 for MAC.

What version of PREPS are you running? and on what platform?

darryl.albright
06-12-2007, 11:37 AM
thanks for your reply. We are running Preps 5.2.2, on an OS 10.4.9. This is driving us crazy, plus its scary when you lose some., Thanks again

jamie.stotz
06-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm just curious; why would you need more than a few signatures in a template file? What kind of publication uses 28 different sigs? Or are you storing a bunch of related templates in one file and only use a few in any one job? If that's the case, what makes that easier than having each one in a separate file?

matmac
06-13-2007, 12:02 PM
The templates that we have setup are not job specific but size/binding specific. Most of the variation comes in the differences in Colourbars. So a 4pp W&T might have 6 different signatures. (Mono up to 6col). (We could have 4-6x the number of templates, if we made them separate for each colour variation) If the job is based on a standing template, we don't make another template just for that particular job. The template with 28 signatures is the largest one we have, in response to the query - most are < 10. NB. We're running an AGFA based workflow not prinergy.

sequoyah
07-27-2007, 05:21 AM
For a series of sigs that differ only in the colorbar, consider having only one and relinking to the appropriate colorbar for each job. That's what I do, but I am a one man department working on one mac. This works well for me.

Al Ferrari