View Full Version : Preps PPDs

06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a ppd and ppx for a Fuji Luxel V-6 Platesetter? We have a Lotem and Printergy on site, but in a remote location they have the Fuji Platesetter with a Harlequin rip. Planning to trash the Harlequin and just send imposed 1bit tiffs to plate there, untill we can move the press to our location. I have tried setting it up through trial and error, but the operator at the remote site is being a smurf and making it difficult, as he does not want to learn a new workflow. I remember it was an easy process for our Lotem having the ppd and ppx to use. Hope someone has a suggestion as to where I can locate these.

06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Cant you just send the 1 bit tifs using preps Press Sheet Size ppd. I do have a PPD for a Luxel 9000 I dinnt know if it would be the same as a 600. We just use Press Sheet Size as our preps device and changed the hot folders on the rip end to move or center the plate.

06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I found this with google:

This is tricky because often the PPD has more to do with the RIP than with the actual device. This PPD does seem to have the maximum image area in it (the size labeled LARGE). Since you are writing 1-bit tiffs you probably need the PPD that is generated by the actual tiff downloading software that drives the platesetter.

06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the PPD. It helps to have the maximum image area, this is what i was missing before. I think I am going to do what was suggested and set it up so that I can change the offsets on the shooter to center the job on the plate.