PDA

View Full Version : Utility for making free impositions (independent page positioning, sizing and ect.)

Saulius
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Hello,

there are utility for making a free imposition from regular.
Instruction:
run application and choose Preps template file.

Tested on Preps 5.2.1 (build 311)
Mac OS X 10.1.9

Regards
Saulius Stonys
stonyss@takas.lt

jon
06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
So what is this application supposed to do? Please give a detailed instruction. Thanks.

rusticman
06-25-2007, 11:28 PM
-is this a virus?

-if you already have preps to make the templates + presumably need preps to print the ICF, then what do you need this for?
________
rolling a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

Saulius
06-26-2007, 05:52 AM
-is this a virus?

-if you already have preps to make the templates + presumably need preps to print the ICF, then what do you need this for?
This is a clear code.
In my job often I makes the impositions of two same sized book's covers. So, for this purpose, I have the standard template with the regular Preps imposition and the various smart marks related to this imposition.
Just some times I have an orders to make imposition of two different sized covers. For first times I did this job by simply method - cuting and pasting from regular imposition to make independent pages and deleting imposition behind the new pages. But main challenge was for me to restore all the smart marks which was related to the deleted imposition. Of course, I can do it by changing mark's relation to press sheet step by step and making some calculations for positioning. But as I'm lazy, I thought how to make this job ease and quick. So, I made this little application which converts all impositions in the templates to the sets of independent pages with retained all smart marks. This is main beneffit of the FreeImpos for my opinion.
Sorry for my poor English. ;)

bm
06-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Saulius,

could you be so kind and post your application as a script, not as "executable only". That would be "a clear code".

Bernd

Saulius
06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi Saulius,

could you be so kind and post your application as a script, not as "executable only". That would be "a clear code".

Bernd
I don't want do it, because this code is with restriction on five runs. :)

Saulius
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
All right, I understand you. So I'm posting open code.

mrhooper
06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know if Preps will add this feature ever? I would like to see it have the ability to automatically make an template with multiple sizes. I have seen this feature on the Heidleberg Impo software, and thought it was a good idea. Still think Preps is the best program for imposition, but theres always room for improvement.