PDA

View Full Version : Navigating to folders

duane
02-09-2006, 11:07 PM
In Preps 5 I have to navigate to the folder I print too each time that I print a file. Preps 4 would always go back to the folder that I was last in. Can I change this in Preps 5?

brian.cupp
02-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Preps 5.2 (currently in Beta right now) has this functionality.

tlotzer
02-17-2006, 07:46 PM
In OSX, we drag the job's main folder to the left side dock of the file window before we start Prepping the job. I gives us a quick shortcut when saving and printing from all jobs not just Preps. Before OSX, I would drag the folder shortcut to the desktop and have a quick link there.

When the list gets too long, we dump them.

duane
02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I do that also, Still not as fast.
Also where did the "yes to all" button go when saving over old files?

bob.scott
02-17-2006, 08:49 PM
In OSX, we drag the job's main folder to the left side dock of the file window before we start Prepping the job. I gives us a quick shortcut when saving and printing from all jobs not just Preps. Before OSX, I would drag the folder shortcut to the desktop and have a quick link there.

When the list gets too long, we dump them.

We also do the sidebar shortcut in OSX, however, it is a little bitter sweet. What I have noticed using this method is a lot of job folders tend to get moved into other job folders on accident. This happens when you accidently drag the folder into another sidebar shortcut.

I just wish people would hit "command t" instead of dragging the folder to the sidebar. Have you noticed this problem at all?

Bob Scott

phibbsgraphics
03-11-2006, 01:59 AM
In Preps 4.2.3, under Edit > Preferences, there is a default Output Path that you can select and always have this as your output folder. I don't know about Preps 5 though. Just a thought.

Chris

dwyers
03-14-2006, 12:26 AM
We normally set the output to the volume all our Prinergy jobs live on but for some odd reason in version 5.1.5 (using Prinergy floating license) we can't set the path.

We think it is an issue with the file permissions for the preference but can't seem to fix it.

it would be nice if it just remembered where you were working last.

Dennis Wyers.

andreas.totin
03-14-2006, 08:18 AM
In Preps 5 I have to navigate to the folder I print too each time that I print a file. Preps 4 would always go back to the folder that I was last in. Can I change this in Preps 5?

in the Print/Save Window you can also try the >Last Used Button<
maybe it helps

regards
Andy

ssutton
03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Andy,

Your version of Preps has a "Last Used" button?? I think Creo is favoring Europe with features we don't get here in America! ;-) Or maybe I'm just not seeing this button. Can you be anymore specific in describing its location?

Steven

robert.hammen
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
We normally set the output to the volume all our Prinergy jobs live on but for some odd reason in version 5.1.5 (using Prinergy floating license) we can't set the path.

We think it is an issue with the file permissions for the preference but can't seem to fix it.

it would be nice if it just remembered where you were working last.

Dennis Wyers.

May need to edit the correct file on the AraxiPreps volume, in the Profiles folder, in the PrepsPrinergy folder. Try PrepsPrinergy.cfg or PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template. Note that paths aren't cross-platform.