View Full Version : Template limitation?

07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know if there is a limitation on the number of layouts inside of a template? As we continue to add layouts to certain templates, it gets slower and slower saving the templates, sometimes up to 10 minutes. The templates are shared on a FullPress server for each user.

07-27-2007, 04:14 AM

I don't know if there is a limit. I have some with 30 or so sigs., but I work from a single mac and have no slowdowns. Are you working from a server?

Why do you have so many signatures in a template? Is it in order to have related signatures in one convenient place? If so, consider having templates with less signatures in a folder properly named.

If there are several almost identical signatures that differ only in the colorbar, consider having only one and relinking to the appropriate colorbar for each use job. That's what I do.

Al Ferrari

07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
We have several templates, one for each press that we do layouts for, and even a couple for one of our larger web presses. So, we basically keep all the layouts under each press. It makes for very easy pick up and linking when we layout a job. We do have the templates on a server.

We only use a couple of color bars, but there are a variety of minor to major changes between the layouts.

Obviously, we will have to slim them down a bit and make more templates. I was hoping to hear a number, like it only handles 50 each, or something like that.

Perhaps the real question is, why does Preps slow down its save time across a server when it has a lot of layouts?