View Full Version : Response Center Being Outsourced

08-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I was surprised to see that Kodak decided to outsource the RC functions. I can't imagine service getting better with a 3rd party involved.

Eddie Kopaczynski

08-20-2007, 11:22 AM
If it's only the answering service I can deal with that. But I have to talk to someone with no Prinergy or Kodak Knowledge reading from some "Canned" solutions book like I get from Dell, Microsoft and others I'm going to be plenty P.O'ed. We pay a small fortune for a full service contract and use (Scitex, Creo) now Kodak BECAUSE of SERVICE.

I can buy a system that does what Prinergy/Kodak does anywhere. Esko, Prinect, Artworks, Agfa, you name it.

08-20-2007, 04:27 PM
I was told that just the first responce team, or the ones that answer the calls were being outsourced to an outfit in Colorado. The people who answer your questions will still be the same guys in BC, just the ones answering the phones are changing...so i'm told. Sad indeed.

08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
The people who answer your questiosn will stil be the same guys in BC
yeah, when I placed a service call at 6:30 AM, I had to wait support guy to show up at 8 AM in BC.
I don't care if Kodak out source RC or not, that's what everyone is doing these days. As long as I can get decent support, that's fine with me.

08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi all - we are reorganizing how some of the Vancouver response center's non-technical functions are being handled. We are moving some non-technical roles to Kodak Shared Services which provides this sort of support for a variety of Kodak business groups in the US & Canada. In short, you'll still have access to the same technical people in the same way, we're just focusing the Vancouver center to be more technical and less administrative.

I hope that addresses your concerns.

08-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Yes, thank you. Service is a HUGE thing for us. We get very nervous when we hear changes are coming. Way back in the day, when we started with Scitex that was the deciding factor our workflow purchase. Still is today.

08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm wary of this too... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes....

08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
My first experience wasn't that great. I sit on hold for ten minutes, which I'm accustomed to. However, once they pick up the phone... a woman answers "Kodak service and support..". I tell them I need to talk to a specific tech regarding an open case. She repeats "Kodak service and support, how can I help you." I restate that I need to talk to a tech. She then says "Due to lack of response, this call is being disconnected."

08-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi Brett (and everyone-else):

Yesterday we transitioned the last volume of calls through the Kodak shared call center for our call administration. We've been passing a fraction of the call volume through this new center already to give that team a chance to come up to speed.

Now, while we're happy with the overall level of performance we did lose 3-4 calls today due to some telephony issues.

We are watching this transition very closely.

08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
BTW, you aren't always talking to BC... I've been on support calls into the evening my time (Midwest) where the tech was in Australia (he was Canadian, i.e. no Aussie accent)...

09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Does this mean that the "talk to a tech right away" pilot program bit the dust?