PDA

View Full Version : PANTONE Goe System

kjones
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Has anyone seen the announcement from PANTONE? Here's a link: http://pantone.com/pages/pantone/Pantone.aspx?pg=20494&ca=10

jamie.stotz
09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
One more color system for Quark to take 3 years to support.

robert.hammen
09-08-2007, 04:46 AM

The big question is if we'll have any customers still using QuarkXPress to care if takes that long... which is a shame, really (I still feel this industry is better served if Quark is around to push Adobe, and vice versa, but I'm getting off-topic here)...

jerry.haukedal
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Quark has announced they will support the PANTONE Goe system.
http://www.quark.com/about/presscenter/prview.cfm?idx=1058&alap=no

brett
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I have a customer asking about this already........................................... .........

Rob Robinson
09-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a customer asking about this already........................................... .........
As of two minutes ago... ditto. *sigh*

Rob Robinson
09-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Until software developers (Adobe, Quark) adopt Goe natively into their programs, designers will be using the myPantone Palette dedicated software. I need to do more research but has Pantone already provided a Goe to CMYK conversion formula?

Eric Biggins
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Just curious...is anyone supporting/attempting to support, the PANTONE Goe system?

Thanks,
Eric

paulh
04-11-2008, 07:42 PM
we'll support it... IF anyone ever asks for it.

roger
05-14-2008, 05:55 PM

Actually, you can use it today. The Goe spot color libraries are already in Quark 7.31.

Roger

jwebber
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
The question was asked of Dov Isaacs at the Adobe Q&A in Vegas - If and when will Adobe support the Goe color library? He said that Adobe was open to providing support to any color libraries. They always have. Pantone seems to be balking.

A couple months earlier, I asked an Adobe Trainer, Terry White in a public forum recently about it and he said basically the same thing.

Seems fishy to me. Why do we need another color system? It's good for Pantone. Why is Quark jumping on it? Are they trying to leverage Goe support against InDesign? That's pretty feeble. I think printers have better things to spend their money on rather than adding/replacing all their swatch books.

Who benefits?