PDA

View Full Version : Preps Ganging

stargate
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Is this part of Preps?

Anyone is using this? What's your impression?

jamie.stotz
09-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I played with the demo version. It's really slick. This is what the Preps template editor interface should have been 5 years ago. Right now it only does single page items, not multipage/books/etc. If they base the new Preps on this, I think it would be great.

lunarlandr
12-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Are there any Preps Ganging users that could tell me if you can view separations during impositions? We have a situation where color inks are only part of the equation - we need to be able to see how several finishing separations line up (foils, emboss and deboss, silk screen, etc... Anyone?

RideIt
01-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I did the download last week and am confused myself. When I open it up it tells my I have no license and opens up in demo mode. I have'nt really had time to play with it yet but am curious to see what it can do. We gang run alot of jobs together.

jminrod
01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Ride it, You need tro make sure you have your full version of preps running first then try to launch the gang software.

jminrod
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
lunarlander, as far as emboss files we use our VPS. You open the vps of the job and the under file use add preview files, navigate to the vps of the emboss or varnish file and add it. This will add it over the top of the original vps and you can click on the color of the emboss and change for view reasons only or move the slider to change the transparency. It works very well for spot varnishes and emboss.

RideIt
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Ride it, You need tro make sure you have your full version of preps running first then try to launch the gang software.

I did have preps open at the time. Maybe I just needed to restart everything.
I'm gonna have some time tomorrow to play around with it.

RideIt
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM

I did have preps open at the time. Maybe I just needed to restart everything.
I'm gonna have some time tomorrow to play around with it.

jamie.stotz
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I believe that the ganging runs in demo mode unless you have Preps Pro.

allan.larson
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
It's Preps Pro 5.3.1,

1. Make sure you have your templates accessible before you launch Preps. If it's on the Prinergy AraxiPreps share, have it mounted first.
2. Launch Preps
3. Launch Preps ganging which accesses the license and templates.

Hope this helps.
AL

allan.larson
02-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Oops, I mean Preps 5.3. My bad.

Measure twice, cut three times.

RideIt
02-01-2008, 08:20 PM
No wonder it's not working right. My version of preps is 5.2.2 guess i need to look for an upgrade.