PDA

View Full Version : Hat Tip for the New Forum

blong
02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to say, Leslie, I'm likin this.

No longer do I have to save all the forum emails on my 'puter that I think maybe one day will be important. Even though there's not much meat in storage here yet, it's nice to be able to search on a specific term like "System Down! Server SNAFU!" and be able to pull up all the pertinent and useful posts.:D

Very nice. Thanks.

jlinville
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I concur.

Grazie.

lmacdonald
02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Barry & Jason,

Thanks for the great feedback :) I agree with you guys - I think the features offered by this online community are more useful to everyone and we're not even using them all yet...

Your GUA board members really deserve all the credit - they are the ones that wanted to make the change to this format and understood the impacts of the transfer - so kudos to them for their vision.

From my perspective, the new features are great - but the administration is also very straightforward and allows us greater security and better flexibility.

There is a downside to the very small group of GUA members that don't have internet access - hopefully the forums will become such a valuable resource that the decision makers at their companies might alter their internet policy.

Nice to hear that you are happy with it though - very satisfying!

Best regards,
Lesley