PDA

View Full Version : PPD question for Preps 5.3, Mac 10.4.10

tim.celner
10-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Hello,

I installed a Mac OS X ppd for an HP plotter using the HP installer and it successfully installed the printer on the Mac. How do I go about copying the printer ppd into the ppd folder of the Preps application so I can add it from the Device Setup? I havenít been able to find the ppd file on the Mac OS and the HP installer wonít do it because it says the printer is already installed on this computer.

Thanks,

Tim

dnapier
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Look in the Users folder/ Home folder (usually at top with the house logo)/ Library/ Printers. Should be there.

robert.hammen
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I installed a Mac OS X ppd for an HP plotter using the HP installer and it successfully installed the printer on the Mac. How do I go about copying the printer ppd into the ppd folder of the Preps application so I can add it from the Device Setup? I havenít been able to find the ppd file on the Mac OS and the HP installer wonít do it because it says the printer is already installed on this computer.

Thanks,

Tim

PPDs on Mac OS X are located in /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj

Not sure how to do it with regular Preps... with the Prinergy-integrated Preps all of the printers/PPDs that you set up in Preps end up on the AraxiPreps volume...

tim.celner
10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
The printer shows up in the Library/Printers folder and I've tried copying it to the Preps/Printers/ppd folder but it still isn't available when I try Device Setup>Add Device. It seems to need the .ppd or .ppx file for this printer which is maybe invisible on Mac OSX or am I completely missing something?

Thanks,

Tim

tim.celner
10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Got it. Thanks rhlist1.