PDA

View Full Version : Indesign CS3 Postscripts fail to preview

jcarlson
10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Hello all,

I seem to have found a bug in Preps 5.3. However, I'm not sure if its a Preps bug or an InDesign CS3 bug.

When I add in a postscript file that was created in ID CS3 I get blanks in the preview and when I output all I get are blank pages. I went back and created another postscript of the same job from ID CS2 and all is okay.

Anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

Thanks - Josh

sequoyah
10-31-2007, 04:19 AM
What makes you certain that you created the postscript from InDesign the same way both times? Did you use an ID output preset for this both times?

Al Ferrari

jcarlson
10-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes, I was using the same print preset for both versions of CS. However, I discovered if I used "Device Independent" for the ppd instead of the actual printer ppd it worked out of CS3.

Odd...

Thanks - Josh

robinx
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
When I add in a postscript file that was created in ID CS3 I get blanks in the preview and when I output all I get are blank pages. I went back and created another postscript of the same job from ID CS2 and all is okay. Anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

i had the same problem this morning. blank pages as previewed, blank pages in the output also. af course, acrobat reader sees pages without problem - that's the problem when complaining to the client about faulty pdf - he doesn't see what's wrong :)

josh, i printed the job into postscript instead of pdf and it worked.
but the bug remains, anyway...

monica.chow
04-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Using "device independent" when printing out from InDesign CS3 is recommended over using "device dependent". We have seen some weird stuff with those PostScript.

Definitely refer to the "Creating Files" document for InDesign CS3 available within your Preps folder for our recommended output settings.