PDA

View Full Version : Can a page have its image reversed within Preps?

bruen
11-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Am I missing something? Can this be done within Preps?

Updating to Preps 5, I hoped to find a feature that would allow me to reverse (mirror) the image of a given page in the run list. This would prove helpful for 2-sided jobs on a particular press that demands the back side be reversed.

I've dealt with this by reversing the page prior to bringing it into Preps. It would be nice if I could do it within Preps, either in the run list or the templates.

Does anyone have some insight into this situation?

Thanks

sequoyah
11-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Out of curiosity, what press is that?

Al Ferrari

jlee
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Ditto. We're also running a Jet press that needs the reverse or mirrored image to be printed.

The issue is trying to create an automated rule to create the normal page set in Prinergy and then to have the rule also create a duplicate of the second page but mirrored or flipped horizontally (as InDesign words it).
One would be for proofing but the reverse would be used for printing.

There has to be something...

HD_prepress
09-20-2010, 08:19 AM
In the same boat, we have Jet presses, can't do it in Preps 5. We are upgrading to Preps 6 in a week or two, maybe that will help but I doubt it. I also think there has to be a way in Prinergy.

tapin2
09-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Preps 5 does offer in the Print dialog, Emulsion side down. This will produce a 'mirror' of the pages on the signature. This only works for postscript workflows.

Since this function is in the output only side of things this would apply to all the flats determined in the output, so you may decide to do Sides <Back> as needed.

There is no method to applying this on a page by page basis within any version of Preps.

Preps 6, does have the same, Emulsion side down, but since Preps 6 is a PDf workflow, this fuunction does not currently work. It has been noted and is scheduled for a future Preps release.

Cheers,

rtrout
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Neither Preps nor Prinergy, I have found, allow you to mirror a single page. I am also in need of such a capability working with transfers and tatoos that print wrong reading.