PDA

View Full Version : Font issue

epp4
11-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Hello,

We experienced an issue with the Gill Sans font on the brisque 5. It does not seem to matter where it comes from, Indesign or QuarkXpress, when ripped, we get "trunk" type. We used different Gill Sans fonts to make sure there is no corruption going on, yet the issue still persists.
Does that sound familiare to anyone? Is it a brisque issue?

mano
11-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Hello,

We experienced an issue with the Gill Sans font on the brisque 5. It does not seem to matter where it comes from, Indesign or QuarkXpress, when ripped, we get "trunk" type. We used different Gill Sans fonts to make sure there is no corruption going on, yet the issue still persists.
Does that sound familiare to anyone? Is it a brisque issue?

Sorry, what exactly is 'trunk' type. I tried Gill Sans / Adobe in several faces and they look fine. Brisque 5.1.32

thank you
mano

pablo
12-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Have you tried cleaning all (Library/UserLib/Fusion Vault/QX) font locations?, make sure you don't have a .dfont buried somewhere. We haven't had this type of issue since cleaning and managing fonts properly. Keep in mind that QX also creates its own fonts whenever a new one is active in the system, these could also become corrupt.

epp4
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi Mano,

"Trunk" type is when the letters are shifting up or down on the baseline.

epp4
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Paplo,

It has happened on both platforms Mac and PC. We are checking for the .dfont.

zoranj
12-04-2007, 11:38 PM
You can post link to couple of pages PDF and I can test it on our Brisque.
Somehow I think it might be easily resolved.
I can't recall we've ever had "trunk" type but I do remember problems with subset fonts that sound similar to your problem.