PDA

View Full Version : GUA 2008 Conference

tclifford
01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Join us at the 2008 GUA Conference, April 20-23, at the Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas, NV. Hopefully many of you have received our "Save the Date" card over the holiday break... please help spread the word.

Save a $100 on your registration fee ($995 if made by March 15th, -$1095 when made after March 15th). Conference Registration can be made on line at www.mygua.org. As a bonus for attending the 2008 GUA conference, you will also receive a $3,000 toward the purchase of Kodak Solution Software*. (See Terms and Conditions on www.mygua.org)

The Graphic Users Association (GUA) is an opportunity to gather with fellow users of Kodak Solutions to discuss ways to make your business more successful. The Kodak team will be there to listen to your input, answer questions, and share information to help you get the most out of your business relationship with Kodak. The GUA board is developing a superb program that will stimulate your thinking about ways to make your business more productive as well as develop techniques that will enhance your relationships with your current client base and ways to capture new clients.

Questions, email me or post here

Rock on and see you there!

TC

kbourquin
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Tom
I am not complaining (I enjoy Vegas) but I was surprised to see Vegas as the location for the 2008 GUA conference. It seemed on previous posts, most feedback for Vegas was negative or not even on the list. Just out of curiosity, why?

tclifford
01-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Actually the complaints were hugely outweighed by the people who liked the idea. In the recent post conference survey, Las Vegas was the overwhelming leader in votes. So certainly there were people who didn't like the idea, but no more then didn't like Rochester, Miami or Vancouver.

paulh
01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Is it just me, or does www.mygua.org really give no information on the conference yet?

tclifford
01-04-2008, 05:50 PM
You are correct. The website updater lady is on holiday till monday... It will be updated soon!

paulh
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Any updates on events, Spouse fee, Training sessions, etc. to tide us over until the website gets updated?

mark_jetzer
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Yup, I need some detailed info. My boss is asking so he can get into the budget and the cash. Corporate America can work pretty slowly the sooner the better.

Thanks

tclifford
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
The board is finalizing GUA 2008 classes and session info as we speak. We met over the weekend in California to put it all together. One thing that is the same is the $3000 conference credit. That surely will help take the pain out of the cost of coming. More soon. I promise.

eric1
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
So I got info on registering, I just don't have info on what to register for. Any Idea when courses will be out. I can't register without this info.

tclifford
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
wiping egg off face...

I was told the registration area was fully updated. Clearly it is not...

More waiting....sorry - tc

eric1
01-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Another question,

It seems that this conference always conflicts with the IPA one (at least last year and this year). Any reasoning behind this.

lsynadinos
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Believe me, there is never an intentional conflict with any other conference!

We do plan around conflicting dates (especially challenging in a drupa year) when they are known, but unfortunately we don't always have the information. The reality is that conference time and space are in high demand and we must plan two to three years in advance to lock in our desired dates and hotel.

Our choices are then further limited to venues that can provide the level of splendor our members are accustomed to as well as the room blocks and meeting space required for a group of our size.

tclifford
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Didn't the IPA change their date at the last minute? or am I on drugs? -tc

Another question,

It seems that this conference always conflicts with the IPA one (at least last year and this year). Any reasoning behind this.

ewest
01-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I see the extra courses have titles now. One question though. Are all the classes the same just repeated 4 times?

hansen
02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Any word on who the speakers from Apple and Adobe will be?

Would love to see Steve Jobs and his Reality Distortion Field live and in person.

nhloewen
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Do we have better idea of the schedule yet? Trying to figure out who should go and what not.

tclifford
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Why yes we do. You should be getting a printed mailer via snail mail with a detailed look at the conference. I'm betting that hits the mail stream this week and you will see it in the next 7-10 days. We shodl have something to post online in the next day... or 2 hold tight - tc

Do we have better idea of the schedule yet? Trying to figure out who should go and what not.

tclifford
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Here is a Lo-res version of the mailer. I'm confident this has the info you desire... its too big to upload in the forums...but here is a link...

Spread the word

GUA 2008 Brochure (http://bbgmidway.banta.com/GUA_2008_bro.pdf)

thomas

mark_jetzer
02-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm already registered, but I want to add the RBA class. How do I do that?

tclifford
02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
mark,

please contact me offline via email and we will see what I can do

thomas

Joern
02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
One question.

Hi.

I attended GUA Europe 2007. I found it very useful.

Does anyone of you know the diffrence between the European conference and the North American conference?

Do you think I should take the trip across the sea, or do I get the information that I need here at the European conference?

epp5
02-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Does the registration fee include any or all the "breakout sessions"? It appears the only thing I pay extra for is the RBA class. Is this right?

robert.hammen
02-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Does the registration fee include any or all the "breakout sessions"? It appears the only thing I pay extra for is the RBA class. Is this right?

I believe that's correct...

wendytf
02-28-2008, 07:51 PM
The conference you attended in 2007 would have been the same as our 2007 in Arizona.

So, you can come to ours in Vegas with new and improved information, or go to the European one later in the year. The content will be basically the same,.

One question.

Hi.

I attended GUA Europe 2007. I found it very useful.

Does anyone of you know the diffrence between the European conference and the North American conference?

Do you think I should take the trip across the sea, or do I get the information that I need here at the European conference?

hansen
02-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Question.

I will be a 1st time attendee in Las Vegas.

What is the dress code during sessions and the evening event?

Corportate casual? Jeans and t-shirt? Hawaiian shirt and flip-flops? Black Tie? Or......?

Just curious.

paulh
02-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Question.

I will be a 1st time attendee in Las Vegas.

What is the dress code during sessions and the evening event?

Corportate casual? Jeans and t-shirt? Hawaiian shirt and flip-flops? Black Tie? Or......?

Just curious.

Business casual. But one year, they actually passed out Hawaiian shirts and asked us to wear them.

tclifford
02-29-2008, 03:38 AM
tube tops, thongs and shorts.... :)~

very business casual...

mark_jetzer
02-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I wish there would be a roundtable, discussion session on Prinergy and Packaging. I'd really like to bend the ears of some Prinergy PowerPack people and Pandora.

I love the workflow, but it could be SO much better.

rob.morgan
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Mark,

Jake and I will be there. We can sit at any shape table you like. :-)

Rob

mark_jetzer
02-29-2008, 03:30 PM
OOHH OHHH - Can it be a Rhombus? Just because that's a fun word to say.

lsynadinos
02-29-2008, 03:42 PM

The conference fee includes all sessions except for the RBA class.

hansen
02-29-2008, 10:55 PM
OOHH OHHH - Can it be a Rhombus? Just because that's a fun word to say.

I'll be sitting at the rhombus table wearing a Hawaiian shirt, thong and tube socks. (see post #26 and #27)

I might be the only one at this table, but hey......

plaforce
03-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Hansen... Thanks for asking the dreaded question. I will not be sporting a tube top!

Business casual, I can do that.

tclifford
03-01-2008, 03:37 PM
4:1 odds someone wears a tube top...

plaforce
03-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Others can wear the tube top! I hope Hansen was talking thongs as in "flip flop"!

In all seriousness, When are the breakout sessions going to be scheduled? Is this going to be happening closer to the conference date or sooner?

tclifford
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Breakout sessions are almost ready to announce. I think the full conference agenda will be out Monday or Tuesday... - tc

In all seriousness, When are the breakout sessions going to be scheduled? Is this going to be happening closer to the conference date or sooner?

bsr
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
4:1 odds someone wears a tube top...

2:1 odds says it'll be you TC. ;-P

wendytf
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
hmmm

My friends down the road tried to register for the conference today and were told that they can't because registration is maxed out.

Seriously?

tclifford
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
that is odd...only the RBA classes have max registrations... Have them contact me offline and I'll get them to the right person at Kodak.

wendytf
03-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanx Tom. I'll pass that info on.

My Kodak rep told me about their problem. I'm not sure if they were
trying to get into the RBA classes. Any chance another will be added?

tclifford
03-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Let me run this up the flag pool and find out what the deal is. More soon - tc

wendytf
03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Do we know yet which nights the room rate is good for?

I'm just getting ready to book my flights.

tia

tclifford
03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
from the reg page...

"The GUA group rate at the Wynn is $239 ( taxes). Please note that this rate is only guaranteed for the dates of our Conference, for rooms booked through our rooming block (that means you must register here to get on the rooming list and benefit from this rate). However, if you choose to extend your stay, the GUA cannot guarantee the same group rate for those additional dates. We have worked with the Wynn and they have offered our Conference attendees the following option: "The Resort will extend the group rates three (3) days prior to the Group's scheduled arrival date, and three (3) days after the Group's scheduled departure date, provided at the time of the request, the Resort's rack rate does not exceed the Group rate by $50.00. If the rack rate exceeds this amount, the Resort will provide rooms at a price of $100.00 over the Group rates." So please be sure you're aware that the final rate for any added dates might be higher than $239/night."

Do we know yet which nights the room rate is good for?

I'm just getting ready to book my flights.

tia

Eric Biggins
03-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I apologize if this has already been asked but, is there a conference credit software list yet? With any luck this year's version will have prices! I searched the forum and didn't see anything noted, nor did I see anything listed in any of the conference information online. Also, anyone know if upgrades are covered, like InSite v5 (upgrade from v4)?

Thanks,
Eric

tclifford
03-10-2008, 01:21 AM
There is a general listing available, bu its pretty short and sweet. Kodak "I think" is working on an expanded listing. But basically any software product can use the credit. Isn't your insite upgrade covered free under your service contract?

Selected Kodak Software:
Kodak Prinergy Workflow System – Base configurations and software options*
Kodak InSite Asset Library*
Kodak InSite Creative Workflow System*
Kodak InSite Prepress Portal System*
Kodak InSite Storefront System*
Kodak InSite Variable Data Print System*
Kodak Pandora Software*
Kodak Preps Software*

* The offer cannot be used against any hardware options, additional servers, disks, memory, service contracts, installation, training or professional services.

dwyers
03-10-2008, 04:43 AM
There is a general listing available, bu its pretty short and sweet. Kodak "I think" is working on an expanded listing. But basically any software product can use the credit. Isn't your insite upgrade covered free under your service contract?

Selected Kodak Software:
Kodak Prinergy Workflow System – Base configurations and software options*
Kodak InSite Asset Library*
Kodak InSite Creative Workflow System*
Kodak InSite Prepress Portal System*
Kodak InSite Storefront System*
Kodak InSite Variable Data Print System*
Kodak Pandora Software*
Kodak Preps Software*

* The offer cannot be used against any hardware options, additional servers, disks, memory, service contracts, installation, training or professional services.

Tom, was Preps on the list last year?

Thanks, Dennis.

Eric Biggins
03-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Isn't your insite upgrade covered free under your service contract?
I guess I need to look into this a bit more. Kodak had told us the Prinergy 4 upgrade would be free under service contract, but InSite v4.5>v5 upgrade would be $2,500. I looked up our service coverage and it is listed as "Customer Select Full" which is the same as our Prinergy coverage. Have other users gotten the InSite v5 upgrade for free under service contract?

Thanks Tom,
Eric

tclifford
03-10-2008, 02:12 PM
YES! I would look closer. I have not paid a dime, other then service costs, for upgrades since the platemaster days <sigh>. Well worth asking.

sphenbaPA
03-14-2008, 12:50 PM
How many members have signed up and where might we find the delegate list that is usually posted?

tclifford
03-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Hello, The delegate listing is not available till the conference in printed form. As of right now we have 222 people signed up, with 300 being our goal... So find 78 friends and come on down!

eric1
03-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Any word on full conference agenda yet?

Eric

paulh
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Ha! Nice vid Tom!
http://members.whattheythink.com/allsearch/video.cfm?id=32921
(I'm not recognizing the movie in the background though)

tclifford
03-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Thank you... that is press I was nto expecting. I'm glad you liked it. -tc

Gerry Moloney
03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Tom,

Just following up on the question Eric asked......

Do you have details yet on what the schedule is for the breakout sessions? I.e. what sessions are on at what times.

It would be good to be able to plan which ones to go to before the event to get the most out of it.

Gerry

tclifford
03-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Hello all..

Does this help? Here is the latest schedule at a glance (https://www.regonline.com/custImages/241406/GUA_Schedule_At_A_Glance_Mar06.pdf) for the GUA 2008. It son PDF format. Is this what you are all looking for? There are still a few rough spots, but will get updated as the conference gets closer... rock on - tc

wendytf
04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Has anyone received their hotel confirmation yet? I thought we were supposed to have them by last Friday. Haven't seen mine yet.

tclifford
04-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Hotel confirmations started flowing yesterday and should be getting your shortly. - tc

mikel1448
04-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Any word yet on what is included in the companion registration fee?

tclifford
04-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Mike, I think this is posted online, but all meals and evening events are included in the companion fee. Shopping and pool time, extra!

:)~

thomas

bsr
04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
With all due respect to those that organize the GUA, at nearly $400.00 it's not much. I've been to 5 CUA/GUA's and can't say enough good things about them. I've always come back with new info or tips to improve things. Absolulety a great value for a user to attend.
However the companion fee is just way to high for what is offered. Not including the welcome reception it looks like only ONE evening event this year! Breakfast and lunch buffets and one evening event for $385.00!
My wife came with me to Vancouver but this year it just can't be justified.

(Maybe I'm just venting cause there was no bacon in Pheonix) ;-)

rob.morgan
04-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm bringing my own bacon just in case. I'll probably have to bring my own goat's milk too... ever since last year, I can't get enough of that stuff. :-)

Rob

wendytf
04-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I was told that the evening events include the Welcome Reception at the pool, and a night at Studio 54 Nightclub at the MGM Grand. Spouses also receive a gift. I'm assuming it's a jacket because somebody called and asked my spouse's size.

bsr mentioned breakfast and lunch buffets? Tom - all meals included? Those have never been included for spouses before. Is that something new?

I still can't justify the cost. Even if bacon is included.

tclifford
04-04-2008, 03:15 AM
I was wrong...white this date down as my wife may need further clarification as I never admit I was wrong :)~

Companion fee includes, gift, reception and studio 54. It does not include lunch or breakfast.... my fault. - TC

I was told that the evening events include the Welcome Reception at the pool, and a night at Studio 54 Nightclub at the MGM Grand. Spouses also receive a gift. I'm assuming it's a jacket because somebody called and asked my spouse's size.

bsr mentioned breakfast and lunch buffets? Tom - all meals included? Those have never been included for spouses before. Is that something new?

I still can't justify the cost. Even if bacon is included.

bsr
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm bringing my own bacon just in case. I'll probably have to bring my own goat's milk too... ever since last year, I can't get enough of that stuff. :-)

Rob

Once again... just as the image was finally fading from my mind you bring it up again! ;-p

=Companion fee includes, gift, reception and studio 54. It does not include lunch or breakfast.... my fault. - TC

Oops my mistake Tom the brochure says "Companion registration (all meals and social events included; no GUA sessions are included in this fee package). So it's even less than I thought. Will you at least be straddling some sort of farm animal? :-)

tclifford
04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Clearly I 'm confused and we have conflicting information. I need to get clarification. Where did you see that meals other then evening events were included? On the registration page it says...

"Bring your spouse/companion!
Invite your spouse or companion to attend with you so they can experience the Las Vegas scene and enjoy the comfort and luxury of the Wynn Hotel. The companion fee of $385USD covers evening events and the Conference gift but does not cover any of the sessions. So while you attend the sessions, they can hit the Strip, go shopping, enjoy the pool, go to the spa, go golf, take a tour of the Hoover Dam and/or Grand Canyon etc. There is so much to see and do, they won't be bored. "

What brochure are you looking at that says meals are included. Thank you

tclifford
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Okay I found it... brochure back page half way up...no need to beat me up. I'll find out what is right. - thomas

bsr
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
That's ok it was probobly a typo. You can't trust us print media people!

wendytf
04-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm a little bothered by the fact that without the correct information, nobody that has registered their spouse is aware that one evening event has been dropped. I guess that one evening event has been dropped for the rest of us too, without any change in price.

Please forewarn us about reductions, whether it be evening events or bacon or goat's milk.

Eric Biggins
04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
For what it's worth to anyone staying more than 3 days at the Wynn...I just got my hotel confirmation and the room rate for the conference is $239/night however I'm going out 2 days early and those days are $339/night. I know there was a cause when signing up for extended nights that the per night rate could increase by up to $100 per night. I was hoping it wouldn't, certainly not surprised it did however.

Tom- is there anyway that someone at Kodak/GUA can look into the extended day's rate going up $100 per night just to make sure it is legitimate and not just an easy way to get more money? From what I've read the Wynn is really nice, but has terrible customer service and overcharges for everything.

Thanks,
Eric

tclifford
04-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Eric,

great comment but I want to make sure we do not mix this and the companion fee issue together. There is some confusion and mixed signals there, with the price of the room there is no confusion or mixed signals. Both on the website where you signed up and on the brochure is stated:

"The GUA group rate at the Wynn is $239 ( taxes). Please note that this rate is only guaranteed for the dates of our Conference, for rooms booked through our rooming block (that means you must register here to get on the rooming list and benefit from this rate). However, if you choose to extend your stay, the GUA cannot guarantee the same group rate for those additional dates. We have worked with the Wynn and they have offered our Conference attendees the following option: "The Resort will extend the group rates three (3) days prior to the Group's scheduled arrival date, and three (3) days after the Group's scheduled departure date, provided at the time of the request, the Resort's rack rate does not exceed the Group rate by $50.00. If the rack rate exceeds this amount, the Resort will provide rooms at a price of $100.00 over the Group rates." So please be sure you're aware that the final rate for any added dates might be higher than $239/night."

I too do not want any surprises and this should not be any newsflash to anyone as this was posted day one when the site when live. Judy was able to negotiate the rate during the conference but did not have any control pre-or post as we had no idea how many would want to come in early or stay late. -- tc

Eric Biggins
04-04-2008, 08:38 PM
"The Resort will extend the group rates three (3) days prior to the Group's scheduled arrival date, and three (3) days after the Group's scheduled departure date, provided at the time of the request, the Resort's rack rate does not exceed the Group rate by $50.00. If the rack rate exceeds this amount, the Resort will provide rooms at a price of $100.00 over the Group rates
I guess this is the Wynn's creative way of saying, book your airfare awhile and 2 weeks before the conference, then we will give you a final price, and wow look at that it just happens to include the extra $100/night that we said was a possibility. Like I said originally, I knew it was a possibility, and I'm not surprised. I'm just a little frustrated at how the Wynn worded it originally, and them not being able to give us a final price until after we've already booked airfare.

Don't take my comments wrong, this is not a complaint towards the GUA in any way, and I think the GUA does a great job with the conference. I'm really looking forward to attending this year, it's just going to cost me $200 more than what I was hoping to pay.

Eric

bsr
04-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Waitress... how many Goat milk shots can I get for $200. They're for my friend Eric!

Eric Biggins
04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Waitress... how many Goat milk shots can I get for $200. They're for my friend Eric!
You can always rely on a fellow printer to help out, thanks Bryan! Good thought...maybe I can make up my $200 in drinks!!

wendytf
04-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Ouch. I've booked for 8 nights total. That's a lot of goat's milk.

Our confirmation email says "Rooms booked outside of this timeframe, may incur the higher rate of $339/night."

The hotel is full, and it's less than 2 weeks away. Do we have to wait until checkout to know for sure if we're paying the higher rate?

glennt
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
This is my first conference, I'm bring my wife but thought the 385$ companion fee was a little steep especially with detail in short supply.
Although it will keep her out of the casino for awhile so it might be worth it in the long run.
Has anyone from past conferences felt the price was worth it?

tclifford
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
We have had about 10-15 companions come to each conference, give or take a few. Many overseas folk bring their sweethearts to the conference. I know that $385 seems like a lot and it is, keep in mind that the evening events that are up to the caliber of the GUA are costly. Hot spots in las vegas are expensive and this year one evening out is almost double what it cost in previous years. This is one reason why were are only 2 evening events and not 3. Another reason is people were asking for an evening out on their own to do whatever. I know it may not seem like a good deal to bring your sweetie, I can guarantee you that getting into Studio 54 without waiting in line for 3 hours --theres no better way. - tc

wendytf
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Glenn... could not find your email... check your pm's.

mikel1448
04-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Any confirmation yet on what is included in companion package.
Brochure and web page don't agree.

wendytf
04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Tom posted a page earlier.

Companion fee includes a Conference gift (jacket), Welcome Reception by the Wynn pool, and an evening at Studio 54.

tclifford
04-09-2008, 03:08 AM
More to come on that. The board is meeting on Thursday to talk about the discrepancy. hold that thought... I hope! - tc

wendytf
04-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Uh oh. Are you gonna tell me I just gave up my breakfast and lunches too?

ooooooooo

tclifford
04-11-2008, 02:35 AM
For this year and this year only, companions will get all meals. We goofed up on the marketing materials, so for that every companion gets free meals... Next year it will not be like this so please don't get excited about future conferences, but for GUA 2008, let them eat! - tc

wendytf
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Kudos to the board for making that decision. I think that's a big gesture on their part. Expect a bunch more to sign up their spouses now.

I'd also like to point out something for the first timers. If you are travelling on a company credit card that is not in your name, you need to get a credit card authorization form from the hotel and have the card holder sign it. The hotel requires this form 3 days before you arrive, and if you are travelling from Canada, they require the form 5 days before arrival. They are very strict about this and don't make exceptions. Also, the form only covers the room charge. No incidentals can be charged.

7 more sleeps!

plaforce
04-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Wendy for that little tidbit.

hansen
04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Without giving away the surprise, does anyone know what "InSite Campaign Manager" is?

See Tuesday, Lafite 9, 9:00 - 9:55 a.m.

wendytf
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Well you've clearly got a more detailed schedule than I do.

Can you point me in it's direction?

n/m I just checked my mail lol... thanx Tom!

tclifford
04-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Kodak InSite Campaign Manager: First Look | Lafite 9
Chris Ries, Product Manager, Kodak Web-to-Print, Kodak GCG
Exclusive look at a new solution under development that will help transform you from an ink-on-paper print service provider to a marketing service provider offering secure and reliable management of outbound
inbound customer data with the goal of generating relevant and profitable 1:1 communications. Kodak InSite Campaign Manager will manage and organize marketing campaigns for your customers; provide a framework to consume, cleanse, correct and process client data; and offer a powerful analytical engine to create marketing campaigns leveraging client data.

kcoleman
04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Kodak InSite Campaign Manager: First Look | Lafite 9
Chris Ries, Product Manager, Kodak Web-to-Print, Kodak GCG
Exclusive look at a new solution under development that will help transform you from an ink-on-paper print service provider to a marketing service provider offering secure and reliable management of outbound
inbound customer data with the goal of generating relevant and profitable 1:1 communications. Kodak InSite Campaign Manager will manage and organize marketing campaigns for your customers; provide a framework to consume, cleanse, correct and process client data; and offer a powerful analytical engine to create marketing campaigns leveraging client data.

At least we know it'll be Buzzword Compliant™ ;-)

hansen
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow! Sounds like it will help us to maximize our potentialities going forward.

Sounds interesting, but I think I'll stick with either JDF or Prinergy Power Users for $1000 Mr. Trebeck.

plewisytr
04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I'd also like to point out something for the first timers. If you are travelling on a company credit card that is not in your name, you need to get a credit card authorization form from the hotel and have the card holder sign it. The hotel requires this form 3 days before you arrive, and if you are travelling from Canada, they require the form 5 days before arrival. They are very strict about this and don't make exceptions. Also, the form only covers the room charge. No incidentals can be charged.

Can you provide instructions on how to go about this? I am travelling on the company's credit card.

wendytf
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Patrick, call the hotel at (702) 770-7100 and tell them you need a Credit Card Authorization form. They will ask for your name and reservation number. They will fax the form to you. Have your employer sign it, and fax it back to the Wynn.

stevew
04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Someone here is going to the GUA. We have the room reserved on the company credit card for her. When she gets there she was going to just give them her personal credit card and have the company refund her money when she gets back. I assume that doing this is okay at the Wynn. Let me know if anyone has problem with doing this.

Steve

wendytf
04-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Steve, no problem doing that. That's how I'm doing mine.

Only offsite credit cards need authorization. She will not need the authorization form.

paulh
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Wendy - it's like you are turning into a Wynn Desk Clerk here.

Maybe we should start calling you Wynndy. ;-)

wendytf
04-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Wendy - it's like you are turning into a Wynn Desk Clerk here.

Maybe we should start calling you Wynndy. ;-)

Paul, HA! I got caught without my authorization form in Vancouver. Had to use my own CC, but racked up some Aeroplan miles. I pay close attention to the details now.

My first conference was the year we went to Florida. The day before we went home I had my purse stolen at the mall. All my ID and credit cards were in it. Getting back into Canada was an experience. My apologies to the guy that was in line behind me. lol

rdarnell
04-17-2008, 08:21 PM
1.) Best margarita - Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. The music alone will drive you to drink. But unlike most people that drive you to drink, the wait staff makes no effort toward orchestrating your intervention on Dr Phil afterwards.

2.) Best spa - Four Season's in Mandalay Bay. A hot body scrub and skin peel is a must, especially after visiting the Liberace museum.

3.) Best gun range: If you are looking for something in a Thompson "Tommy Gun" or an Heckler-Koch w/suppressor, go to the Las Vegas Gun Range. If your tastes run more toward an Uzi or a simple little M3A1 "grease gun", go to the Gun Store of Las Vegas. Both are BYOB and offer environmentally friendly lead-free ammo.

4.) Best pool - Any that say no one under 18 allowed.

5.) Best souvenir - Hooters branding iron, at the Hooters gift shop in the Hooters Casino. While you are there, stop into their diner that looks like an old Woolworths counter - an odd touch of nostalgia for any casino - especially odd without any of the surplus of Hooters girls behind the counter.

6.) Best rental car - Shelby Mustang at $200 a day. A bargain when you consider the next closest thing is a $1500 Lamborghini. Twelve miles to the gallon, which computes to a gallon an hour if you are driving the strip.

7.) Best motel/hotel - the Oasis motel is know for several famous suicides and its where Nicholas Cage's character ended up in the movie Leaving Las Vegas. The Luxor hotel has suites under $200 a night and is located at the far end of the strip, as far as physically possible from the Oasis.

8.) Best tattoo place - Skin Factory has 2 strip mall locations. Health department certified, as only the Las Vegas Health Department can, also located in a strip mall. Ask for CMYK if you don't want your tatts to look too colorful.

9.) Best buffet - Bellagio. Unlimited bacon and defibrillator locations are clearly marked.

10.) Best gambling - betting on what you do in Las Vegas will stay in Las Vegas. If you are betting with money, then yeah, that's gonna stay in Vegas.

rrudeski
04-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Nothing to see here, move along...