PDA

View Full Version : Tile Mark problem

michael.berry
01-11-2008, 02:20 PM
We are running Preps 5.2.0 on G4, and G5 macs.

We use Kodak Approval XP4, which is 20 x 26 max sheet size, and then plate on 40" plates.

We have two different Profiles. The Approval Profile has Tiling turned on, and we use Custom Tiling to move the 20 x 26 sheets to break the layout cleanly.

When we switch back to the Plating Profile, which has tiling turned off, we STILL get tile marks on the plates.

Anyone else seeing this??

Michael Berry
Evatone, Inc.

sequoyah
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Tile marks are ordinary marks "suitable for tiling" (very sensitive to misalignment, for film on the light table), but they act just like any other mark: they print when that template is used. They are NOT turned off when tiling is turned off, so they cannot be controlled with profiles.

The solution is to have two different versions of the template, or of the signature: a tiling version, and a plating version.

Al Ferrari

Edit: actually, tile marks are special in that they automatically print the X and Y tile position labels.

michael.berry
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, they use to. We had been doing this for a very long time, and the Profile controls the Output Device, and the Output Device controls whether the tiling is on, or off.

Actually, the tiling IS turned off, that has been confirmed. I guess that is what I'm asking...

If tiling is turned OFF, then how can the tile marks be printing?

Michael

sequoyah
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I have been doing tiled output for over ten years using two films from a SelectSet 7000 to cover a 40 inch plate, but from very early on I have used my own tiling mark and not the Auto Place tiling marks.

So I really had no basis for making the comments in my earlier post on this thread. My apologies. My only suggestion is that you recreate the tiling profile or replace it from a back up from a time when it was working for you.

Let us know how you resolve this problem.

Al