PDA

View Full Version : Changing Preps config file

jhunsel
01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
A few questions about changing the default.cfg file.

1) Does changing the ShingleCropMarks to NO then not move them at all? Do the trim marks that serve as fold marks between pages stay put as well?

2) Can the default fold mark length be set to 0? We don't usually show fold marks because the trim mark does the job and we don't like the fold marks in the middle of the sheet or having to disable them.

3) Can the default be set for the punch center?

mike5
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
The answer to your first and last question is "yes". I'm not sure about your second, but I would think that could be changed as well. I would need to know a little more information about your system configuration to offer good suggestions.

Mike

jhunsel
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
The answer to your first and last question is "yes". I'm not sure about your second, but I would think that could be changed as well. I would need to know a little more information about your system configuration to offer good suggestions.
What is the name of the punch setting in the config file?

sequoyah
01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
>What is the name of the punch setting in the config file?

Whenever needing the name of a setting in the config file, open it up in BBEdit or TextWrangler and do a search for a term involved in the setting name. In this case a repeated search for "punch" gives several possibilities of interest.

Al

mike5
01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Search for an entry entitled: "_AMERICAN_PRESS_SHEET_EDGE_TO_PUNCH_CENTER: "
The number at the end is the what you want to change. I think it's in millimeters. In our case I changed the distance to 0.00.

As always, save a copy of the .cfg file before you try to alter it... just in case.

ssutton
01-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Search for an entry entitled: "_AMERICAN_PRESS_SHEET_EDGE_TO_PUNCH_CENTER: "
The number at the end is the what you want to change. I think it's in millimeters. In our case I changed the distance to 0.00.

As always, save a copy of the .cfg file before you try to alter it... just in case.

Actually, I think the measurements are in points. 72 points per inch.

steven