PDA

View Full Version : Can't use pdf marks

tim.celner
02-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello,

I am using Preps 5.3 on Mac 10.4.4 and Preps has lost the ability to recognize Static pdf marks, it was working but now it isnít. When I open a template or try to print a native pdf job it gives me multiple alerts that one or more mark files could not be found. If I create a new template the marks are not available that are in the Marks folder. The folder location in Preferences is correct and it will still sees EPS marks if I put them in the Marks folder. I donít know how this happened and I canít find a preference or .cfg setting to control this. We are using Preps to impose jobs for Evo 3.0.6.5. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Tim Celner
Quebecor World
Mt. Morris, IL

digital@sig-1.com
02-28-2008, 05:30 PM
2 things:

1) In the Preps preferences (you have to set for EACH configured device) click on the "folders" tab and make sure the "templates and marks" folder and "printers" folder are set to the correct location path.

2) I believe the marks need to be in the "dupmarks" subdirectory within the "marks" folder. The first time you open an old template, (if not recognized) replace the static marks with the marks from their residing location. Resave the template - should fix the error when reopening the template in the future.
________
vaporizer wholesaler (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

jamie.stotz
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Only marks that you want to repeat to fill a larger rectangle go in the dupmarks folder. These would be things like a short segment of a color bar that you want to repeat all the way across the sheet. Regular marks that you use as individual marks go in the marks folder.

tim.celner
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. Folder preferences are set correctly and the mark files are in their proper place. Again, this was working but now it isn't. Any other ideas out there?

Thanks,

Tim Celner

jamie.stotz
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
According to the Preps help, only the eps versions show up in the marks menu. The PDF version is automatically substituted when you run a PDF job. Each PDF mark must have a corresponding EPS version.

Are you sure the names match exactly except for the extension?

tim.celner
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Jamie.

(Note to self: READ MANUAL CAREFULLY!)

Tim

digital@sig-1.com
02-28-2008, 09:07 PM
The PDF version is automatically substituted when you run a PDF job. Each PDF mark must have a corresponding EPS version.

I didn't know that... but then again, I make all my own marks as Illustrator CS3 .eps files. I guess I just assumed a .pdf would work too.
________
ipad guide (http://ipadguides.info)