PDA

View Full Version : Booklet on 23x29 Sheet SIze

mustafade
04-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up a template for:
11x17 flat, folds down to 8.5x11 booklet. My sheet size is 23x29 and I am setting them up as 8.5x11 single pages, saddle stitch template, the way the pages are on the sheet is 2x2=4 8.5x11 shifted to left and left margin being .25 and no space in between them horizontally and .0625 space vertically, and 2 8.5x11 independent pages added and rotated to left, no spaces in between them vertically, and about .0625 space all the way around it and having preps do its magic but unfortunately it is not working some reason, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Demir

lee
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I think I understand what you are trying to do, correct me if I am wrong. You are trying to put 3, 4pg sigs on the same press sheet in a dutch cut.

If this is what you are trying to do I would NOT do it as a saddle stitched template but as as flat sheet template. You will just have to manually number the page positions the way you want them to be. I do not think that Preps will interpret independent pages on a saddle stitch template in the way you want it to. Your method MAY work if you have the "Pro" version of Preps and you set up as multiple sigs but it would be more trouble than it is worth unless you have a lot of flats to make up.

mustafade
04-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Lee,

Thanks for such a quick response! I do have the Pro version but still is not doing I am trying to get it done. I'll try flat and see how'll go.

Thanks again,

Demir

crozier
04-22-2008, 08:12 PM
This may be a little late...........but I just put a template together in about 2 minutes using 5.3. works fine as a saddle stitch......just # it manually. Good luck

mustafade
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
This may be a little late...........but I just put a template together in about 2 minutes using 5.3. works fine as a saddle stitch......just # it manually. Good luck

That is great! Will you be able email that to me? My email address is orders@newmanprinting.com

Thanks,

Demir