PDA

View Full Version : Center mark

tim.celner
04-22-2008, 04:51 PM
How can I make a page print in front of the Preps center mark? Right now I have 6-page gatefold and the center mark extends into a page and I need it to stop at the outer edge of the bleed. I donít want to delete the center mark because some of it appears on the plate bend and our press operators use it when hanging plates on the press. I could crop the mark back out of the image area but that isnít what Iím looking for. Iíve made this work in the past but I canít seem to find it today.

Preps 5.3.1/Evo 3.0.6.5.

Thanks,

Tim Celner
Quebecor World
Mt. Morris, IL

sls
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
you can make the center mark any size you want when you are building the template in the 'add signature' section. just shorten it to a size that still prints but is outside of the image area.

tim.celner
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm aware I can do that but in most cases the page bleeds sit right on the plate bend which would require a value of 0 and this produces no mark at all. We have previously had the page print in front of the center mark which effectively knocks it all out except for a small amount that extend into the plate bend.

Thanks for the reply, any others?

dalew
04-23-2008, 01:21 PM
You could try turning the center mark off and creating your own plate bend line using a static line mark or rectangle. Just bring to front and adjust the offset to a minus value.

tim.celner
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah that will be my workaround if I can't figure it out, but it would mean editing a bunch of existing templates. I sent this off to the RC this morning, thanks for the suggestion.

prep.mmt
05-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi Tim,

We use the profile feature in Preps which load our press specs for each different
press. There is a file under Application_Preps_Profiles_Default_default.cfg.can be edited in a text editor. On the line AmericanCentreLine: you can type in any length
required in points and just save. This will provide consistency in the length of mark
on any job. Each time you create another profile for a different press this will have to be edited. I hope this helps and sorry for the late reply

Ps I tried to post an attachment but cannot see it anywhere