PDA

View Full Version : Great Conference

rick
04-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I would like to THANK the GUA Board for putting on such a great conference. I know a lot of hard work from many people went into the show.
This was my first conference, and I am planning on going every year. The information that I got from the show and the great people I met at the conference made the show well worth going to. Kodak did a great job selling itself as a company with a new image. The Bull Pen was great. Great food, great people, and first class accomidations. Good job.

Sugestion for next year:
Get the schedule out a little earlier so that flight plans don't cause people to miss some of the fun. How was Studio 54? My flight left at 7pm on Tuesday, so I missed it.

Eric Biggins
04-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I'll second that...GREAT JOB GUA members! This was only my second conference, but it surpassed last years in my opinion which was no small task as I thought last years was great as well.

Las Vegas wasn't my first pick but I really enjoyed it and would not oppose going back. I would also like to say I really liked the schedule where the conference started on a Sunday evening, it made going out a few days early over the weekend really nice way to make it a mini vacation for me.

Two things I would like to see implemented next year if possible...
1) A delegate list like last year as people start to sign up, so we can see how many people are going, and who they are.
2) Get a hotel that either includes the high speed internet in the room fee, or get the hotel to waive the fee for conference attendees.

Many thanks to all involved in providing the conference for us,
Eric

P.S. as far as Studio 54...Rick I won't add to your dissappointment by telling you how great it was, but I will say, I'll never again look at a holla-hoop quite the same way!!!

rdarnell
04-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Nothing happened at Studio 54 for those of you that stayed away that night. It was a simple relaxing evening of networking with fellow trapeze artists and albino snake handlers. Hors d' oeuvres were served. I think there were adult beverages too. There was an unusually very strict dress code for being a clothing optional event. Meanwhile, back in Chicago, the IPA Technical Conference was having a stimulating discussion on color measurement devices that average 2 Delta E CMC with a peak of 6. All I could think about was what I was missing there.

rob.morgan
04-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Rick Darnell,

What was your opinion on the bacon? Did it measure up to the Westin Bayshore's standards?

Rob

rdarnell
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Due to the fact that Central and South Florida is being strongly considered for the next conference location, I'm scheduling an angioplasty before the next bacon breakfast in 09 based on just speculation. My loyalty to Westin Bayshore brand Bacon is that secure.

tclifford
04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
We wanted to help simulate an evening at home with the wife and kids by the fireplace. Having the "homey" feeling was what we were after. I'm sure we accomplished that and a bit more. Certainly the geriatrics dancing on the speakers was a nice touch. I'm always a big fan of less is more and that evening hit it right on the head!

-great anaylsis

Nothing happened at Studio 54 for those of you that stayed away that night. It was a simple relaxing evening of networking with fellow trapeze artists and albino snake handlers. Hors d' oeuvres were served. I think there were adult beverages too. There was an unusually very strict dress code for being a clothing optional event.

jwebber
04-30-2008, 10:42 PM
. . . a simple relaxing evening of networking with fellow trapeze artists and albino snake handlers.
Just to clarify so no one gets the idea the affair was over-the-top: not albino snake-handlers, but albino-snake handlers. See the third-to-last of Eric photos. http://www.kodakgallery.com/erickson_dp See? Just a normal every-day snake handler. You can see that she also handled every day boas as well.

admin
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
FYI: The photo website has changed to http://www.kodakgallery.com/erickson_dp/2008_gua

...and I've added 400+ pics taken by the Kodak photographers.

Enjoy!