PDA

View Full Version : GUA 2008 Board Elections

tclifford
05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
We have compiled all the information from the 9 candidates running for the GUA Board and we are asking that you review their bios and info and vote for 2 of them at the following link: http://new.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_8of77ptuYgSdkSE&SVID=Prod. You will only be allowed to vote once and will have to vote for 2 candidates. Forms with more or less than 2 candidates checked will not be validated or submitted. Good Luck all! - tc

ksnielsen
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
When do you expect to announce who the new board members are?

tclifford
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking closing the election on 5/10. Ten days should be enough time... Then I'll call the people personally. Sound okay? - tc

kcoffman
05-05-2008, 08:10 PM
It's not like it's the presidential election, but the website being used for the vote is very unsecure, as voting only once can be very easily bypasssed. I thought everyone should know about this, as I only think it's fair that the right candidates win, I don't want to see it end up like a Florida election or American Idol elimination .

tclifford
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
ken,

You are right, nothing is perfect. Certainly if we had the election at the Wynn hotel, someone could get a hold of more then on ballot and enter false info that way also. I made the call at the last minute to do it this way. i wanted to give people more of a chance to learn about the candidates and ask questions and research this decision. Doing it at the hotel seemed rushed. If this was the wrong call, I want to hear about it, but at the end of the day it was my call. - tc

Tmurphy
05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
I am already preempting a recount!

rdarnell
05-07-2008, 03:23 PM
It's not like it's the presidential election, but the website being used for the vote is very unsecure, as voting only once can be very easily bypasssed. I thought everyone should know about this, as I only think it's fair that the right candidates win, I don't want to see it end up like a Florida election or American Idol elimination .

As the Ralph Nader candidate here, I would just like to say, should anyone else besides myself lose in this contest, those candidates and their voters can feel free to blame me for siphoning votes away. That's always a handy thing to count on, in addition to recounting.