View Full Version : Preps Plus 5.1.2 .ps files

02-22-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure whats going wrong. This may be a InDesign problem. I have OSX 10.4.3 with Preps Plus 5.1.2 writing .ps from InDesign CS2 version 4. After writng .ps files and placing those into Preps the color cyan on an eight page form flows to a corresponding page. Its just on certain pages, cyans color on page five will move to page four, but the other colors stay correct.
I'm having to write the .ps files individually and that works but I know I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
This is what I just got from Preps....

Hi Curtis,

We have escalated this issue to Product Development to take a further look into. I have tested it with InDesign CS 2 pre-separated PS file and also QuarkXPress pre-separated PS file. The Quark file previewed correctly, but the InDesign CS2 file did not. However, if we have all 4 process colors on each page of the InDesign file, it will layout correctly in Preps.

I will forward to you the information from Product Development as soon as I hear back!

03-08-2006, 02:39 AM

I tested this with a simple Quark 6.5 test dock with 5 pages: a CMYK filled box on page one, and the following pages with boxes of just one each of the C, M, Y, and K colors. This previews quickly in Preps.

Do the pre separated ps with "include blank pages" NOT checked and bring into preps, it does preview correctly. But a closer look reveals that for the page that has cmyk content the preview shows the Quark slug information and page marks for all colors as it should. However, when previewing the M, Y, or K sep for the page that only has C content, for example, there is no slug or any page marks in those seps. This shows that these are a Preps supplied blank pages, not Quark pages. I think Preps uses a filter for Quark ps that adds the blank pages, and that Creo simply has not gotten arround to putting in a similar filter for Indesign ps. A similar filter is needed for Indesign ps source files.

Al Ferrari