PDA

View Full Version : Add Signature defaults for New Template - how can they be changed?

matmac
05-09-2008, 12:13 AM
When creating a new template the following default settings appear:

Width : 1000mm, Height 700mm, Guides 100mm, ... Press sheet edge to punch centre: 50mm.

How can these settings be changed so that the default "Press sheet edge to punch center" is 0 mm.

matmac
05-09-2008, 01:57 AM
It's the "default.cfg" file. (It's been a while since I needed to change these settings, forgetting its in the profiles folder).

Value changed to "00.000"

-METRIC_PRESS_SHEET_EDGE_TO_PUNCH_CENTER:00.000

-AMERICAN_PRESS_SHEET_EDGE_TO_PUNCH_CENTER:00.0000

Problem solved.

Ps. ALWAYS backup your default.cfg file before editing.

dotzero
06-23-2008, 09:02 PM
and about the other settings? I can change it too?

matmac
06-24-2008, 08:55 AM
yes, any of the default settings can be changed here.

Remember ALWAYS backup you're default.cfg file PRIOR to editing and TEST post editing.

khetzel
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
When creating a new template, can the default setting of "Select at print time" in the Target Device area be changed to "Press Sheet Size"? I can't find that in my .cfg file.

kcoffman
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know what to change in the .cfg file to change the default binding style from "Perfect Bound" to "Flat Work"?

rs-stannek
07-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know what to change in the .cfg file to change the default binding style from "Perfect Bound" to "Flat Work"?

You have to change DEFAULTBINDINGSTYLE. But I don't know exactly wether you have change it to 0,2 or 3. You have to try it out.

matmac
07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Number for Binding style is based on the order in the pull down menu for new template: 1 is Flat Work, 2 is Perfect Bound, etc.

Default.cfg parameter is: "-DEFAULTBINDINGSTYLE:1"

Towards the bottom of the listing.

kcoffman
07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Number for Binding style is based on the order in the pull down menu for new template: 1 is Flat Work, 2 is Perfect Bound, etc.

Default.cfg parameter is: "-DEFAULTBINDINGSTYLE:1"

Towards the bottom of the listing.
Thank you, that has been a little annoyance for awhile and I had never seen that parameter in the past, but sure enough it's there now.

Does anyone know of any documentation showing all the available parameters and the values that can be set for them?

matmac
07-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Already covered on Forum. (personally untested).

There is a post on this forum called:

"A complete guide to the settings in default.cfg"

Try this link:

http://www.mygua.org/forums/showthread.php?t=829&highlight=default.cfg

or do a search on default.cfg.

kcoffman
07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
There is a post on this forum called:

"A complete guide to the settings in default.cfg"

Your awesome, that was exactly what I was looking for. I guess I just didn't look hard enough.

Thanks

dotzero
08-07-2008, 04:01 AM
When creating a new template, can the default setting of "Select at print time" in the Target Device area be changed to "Press Sheet Size"? I can't find that in my .cfg file.
It would be very nice =)