PDA

View Full Version : Crop Mark layering

mike5
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I think this has been addressed before, but I can't find it... Anyway, is there a change that I can make to the .cfg file to force crop marks to image on the "bottom" layer - behind everything else? I have need to bring my color bar dup mark on top of the marks. Changing the mark creation order, and/or checking the "bring to front" check box on the color bar, doesn't make any difference. Currently, I'm reduced to deleting the crop marks that conflict with the color bar. My system is Prinergy 4.0.2.2, and Preps Plus 5.3.1.

Any input will be appreciated...

matmac
07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Mike,

Are you looking at the Template editor preview or the Signature preview in the Signature list? I've seen PREPS not display the layering correctly in the Template editor but preview correctly in the Signature (Job) preview.

I would recommend: Selecting the trims > Verifying bring to Front is unchecked, then selecting the colorbar and verifying that bring to Front is checked. If bring to front is already checked, uncheck it, close the info panel, open it again and check it, close again. Then save the template. Go back to the job, preview the signature, marks should be layered correctly.

Also perhaps check that there is only one set of crop marks applied to the template. It's possible to have multiple marks stacked on top of each other, changing the top one and leaving the ones underneath unaffected.

My .cfg file has a parameter for specifying the white line under the crop marks but nothing about the layering:

-ADD_WHITE_KO_UNDER_CROP_MARK:YES

-ADD_WHITE_KO_UNDER_FOLD_MARK:YES

Let us know how you get on.

mhamilton6ox
07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Mike,
We have an open call into the RC about this exact issue. I will post back when I hear....

mike5
07-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Just heard back from the RC - according to the smart people, this is an adjustment required with Prinergy 4. Unfortunately, they logged in after my shift ended, so I don't know precisely what was changed... something about a registry change so prinergy would honor a setting from preps that is normally not honored, etc... The next morning, I had an email instructing me to restart my system, and monitor the outputs. So far, everything is working...

Mike