PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Kodak

mark_jetzer
07-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I was out golfing the other day and end up have an little round table discussion with a number of local printers over a few beers. The discussion turned to workflows. After talking with these other printers, none of them have Prinergy. I have to say "Good Job Kodak." The issues, troubles and problems they have are hard to believe still out there.

Prinergy may not be perfect, but it's a long shot better the workflows these guys are using.

So, "Good Job Kodak and keep it up."

rob.morgan
07-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Mark.

Rob

robert.hammen
07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah we looked closely at Artwork Systems and Prinect (we were coming from the ancient Delta). I wanted no part of RamPage after some personal experience with it when we outsourced a job. Prinergy was the clear leader, and it was great that we were basically up-and-running after the week of offsite training and by the end of day 2 of onsite training... we may have the occasional glitch/bug here and there, but it's still lightyears ahead of what we were using, and we're overall very, very pleased with Prinergy + Insite. Can't wait to go down the MatchPrint Virtual and PressProof roads in 2009...

mark_jetzer
07-19-2008, 11:23 AM
You'll have to let us know how the Virtual Matchprint / PressProof goes. We're looking at it, but it's just not in the budget. The pressroom is quite ready for it either, they still don't get Inkjets and never really liked Kodak Approvals. Lot of old school guys with 20+ years that still think in terms of traditional film and matchprint proofs.