PDA

View Full Version : Can't EDIT preps through Prinergy

rpriziodvt
10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
when I try and go back into my layout to make a change through Prinergy, everything looks/works fine until I am back in Prinergy and notice that the sig that I edited (example: sig 2), now have another new similar sig called sig 2.1 with no pages assigned to it. I used to be able to go back into a sig, make changes and have it update fine in prinergy. Not sure when this started to happen. Any help with this ould be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

paulh
10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I believe this is a known bug, but I'd like to see what Kodak says...

edwarde
10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I hope all the bugs are gone in prinergy before we do our install. Is there a list anywhere with every Prinergy bug still in existence. Kodak claims there are over 300 programmers working on prinergy bugs, so I would like to think they should not have many issues.

pstuart
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the laugh, there will always be bugs, regardless of application. Kodak does have a lot of people working on Prinergy but it is a balance between adding features and functionality vs fixing existing issues.

The critical bugs do get fixed, the one or two annoying "bugs" may go unfixed, it all depends on what you classify as a bug.

If we expected software to be perfect before we buy it, we'd never have Windows. Heck, I took my car in the other day and they had to do a software upgrade to fix bugs. Scary thought that I was driving my car around all this time and its software had bugs in it. I never noticed, but they upgraded me anyway.

Microsoft has probably 100x the programmers than Kodak yet they still release Vista.

Not sure if there is a public "known issues" list other than the release notes for each version of Prinergy.

Trust me, Kodak does work very hard solving bugs and fixing problems, but some things are very hard to reproduce and recreate, let alone solve.

rob.morgan
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Ron,

Is the Import Process Template you are using set to Overwrite existing when a layout with the same name already exists? The default is to create a new layout so it sounds like your Process Template has been reset or someone switched the template to use when editing the imposition.

Cheers,
Rob