PDA

View Full Version : Universal Binary?

michael.berry
03-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I looked in the Preps website, and didn't see anything either way, so is the current version of Preps Universal Binary or not? If not, how has Preps performed with Rosetta, and when might we see a U. B. version?

Thanks,
Michael

charlest
03-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I am very interest in knowing this as well. Our next production Mac is scheduled to be an Intel machine.

nick.benkovich
03-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Both Preps 5.1.5 ( current release ) and Preps 5.2 ( releasing March 22nd ) have been tested on Intel Mac and perform well under Rosetta. The plan is in a future release to make Preps a Universal Binary but no date has yet been set for this release.

robert.hammen
09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Bringing this back up from the dead 18 months later, since we've migrated pretty much exclusively to Intel-based Mac Pro's, wondering what Kodak's timeframe is to release an Intel-native version of Preps (5.3 is apparently PPC-only so it runs in Rosetta on the Intel Macs - no problems we've found yet, but just wondering if there's an updated timeframe)...

--Robert

tclifford
09-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Interesting is that Preps 5.3 is PPC, but Preps Ganging is Universal... I'd be interested in the asnwer on this one...

thomas

jamie.stotz
09-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Top ten reasons that Preps hasn't yet been ported to the Intel CPU.

10. Because of the economic slowdown and industry consolidation, most printers are still using Mac 8100's.

9. Waiting to see if this Intel thing really catches on.

8. Too busy working on the iPhone version.

7. Apple hasn't yet ported Hypercard to the Intel CPU.

6. Ray Johnson has the source code.

5. Waiting for the Canadian dollar to become stronger so they can afford an Intel Mac.

4. Xcode doesn't support the GOTO statement.

3. Rewriting it in Java to make it part of Prinergy Workshop.

2. Waiting for Leopard to be released so you can use Coverflow to browse your templates.

And the number one reason that Preps hasn't yet been ported to the Intel CPU...

1. Preps Ganging IS the new version, they just haven't finished adding all the features.

tclifford
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Long Live Ray Johnson and Hypercard!!!!

We love Ray and I think that getting rid of him wasa HUGE mistake on Kodak's part! We still use custom marks hand coded by Ray.

Top ten reasons that Preps hasn't yet been ported to the Intel CPU.

8. Too busy working on the iPhone version.

7. Apple hasn't yet ported Hypercard to the Intel CPU.

6. Ray Johnson has the source code.

RiotMac
10-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Preps is still not Universal! What is the deal with this?

roger
10-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Long Live Ray Johnson and Hypercard!!!!

We love Ray and I think that getting rid of him was a HUGE mistake on Kodak's part! We still use custom marks hand coded by Ray.

FYI Tom,

Unlike Hypercard, Ray is still around as he coded a custom stitcher mark for me a few months ago.

Roger