PDA

View Full Version : Color Matching on Epson Pro 9600

gary2
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Folks, How close can you color match an Epson Pro 9600 to press. We have an Epson 9600 and it is controlled by the Integris 800 Proof Controller. My experience to date has been to plug in our press profile and to keep the baseline calibrated. Our proofs have been consistently on the slightly warm side, and it is something we have come to live with.

What are my options? Will upgrading the Integris software help? Will upgrading the Integris help, as I have heard that the newer machines have more cartridges.

Final question. Will an ink jet proofer be as accurate as say a contract dot proof or should I expect that this proofer will at best be around 90 to 95% accurate. Any opinions.

Thank You all.

tclifford
04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
We use Oris software to color manage our 9600 with good results. its not perfect, but it works well.

SKutay
12-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi

What version of Integris or Kodak proofing software are you using and what media configurations (meaning is it one that we have supplied or one that you have made? We regularly update our profile or media configs and there may be a better starting point available to you if you haven't updated in a while

Otherwise you might want to consider redoing your profile if your press has changed etc.

Regular Calibration is key as well.

We have a white paper that touches on some ideas to help with getting a color accurate match/proof.

http://download2.kodak.com/8/3802/1/Color_accurate_proofs.pdf

gary2
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I am using Integris 800 Proof Controller vers 1.1

Ink is ultrachrome photo

Paper Integris Pro Semi-Matte 180

Paper Profile Integris96_PSM_7x7_052804.icc

I do the baseline calibration regularly, recently had some issues so I had to reload an old setup just to get by. I may need to reload all the software again. I have been running this setup for 5 years. I always get a slightly warm proof even after a baseline calibration. It shows up in the greybalance. Possibly a newer media config would be the slight adjustment needed.

We do have a press profile plugged in also, it is possible that we need to rerun that as well.

Where will I get the updated profiles or media configs. eCentral ?

SKutay
01-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi Again

i did a bit a digging and learnt that we have not updated this profile or media config for several years for the Integris sw. Also, I have nothing newer posted on eCentral to help you out. The newer items are for Kodak proofing sw.

You could try remaking your profile.