PDA

View Full Version : Darwin 3 - GUA 2009 Conference Orlando

pstuart
05-11-2009, 02:17 AM
All,

I have just signed on to do a Darwin for Prepress session at GUA 2009 in Orlando in a week.

As a late add to the conference, I wanted to use this forum to see if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what they'd like to see covered in a Darwin 3.0 session.

For those that may or may not know, Darwin 3 will play a very important role in the future version of InSite Storefront with iVDP and InSite Campaign Manager. Also Darwin can be used as a standalone VDP composition tool.

There are so many new things in Darwin 3 and a lot to cover in only 50 minutes, so if anyone is going to GUA 2009 in Orlando and wants to find out about Darwin 3 from a user's perspective, look for the session. Hopefully it will make the program, if not, I'll post the time here and on the website, www.gua2009.com

Anyway, let me know what you want to see or talk about. The session topic is Darwin for Prepress, and will be geared towards those folks that have never used a VDP application before but that should stop anyone with an interest in learning more about Darwin 3 to attend.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone at GUA 2009 in Orlando.

RobW
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd give my left <insert appendage or male organ here> to attend, but it's just not in the cards. :(

I hope the presentations will be available afterward as some sort of download.

pstuart
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I'll do my best, but since its "beta" not sure how much can be publicly shared.

I'll check with the Kodak Darwin folks to find out what they are willing to share outside of the conference about Darwin 3 in the context of these forums.

Otherwise, I suggest you try to have your sales / support folks schedule a demo or webex on Darwin 3.

RobW
05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I'll pass it along to the Higher Ups to gather some info after the Conference if it's available. I had seen some screenshots & info on an early Beta from Drupa last year but when I inquired about it, was told that StoreFront connectivity was likely not going to be a priority in the first release. Perhaps that has changed though, at least I hope so!

pstuart
05-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Just what do you mean, Storefront connectivity?

Darwin 3 should work with upgraded version of Storefront / iVDP just like in the past versions.

RobW
05-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Not sure, I was just led to believe that although direct-to-device output was operating in new releases, StoreFront Export (to WCS, which is all we do) might not be implemented in a first new release. Perhaps I misunderstood, but we'll find out when it hits the street!

pstuart
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Exporting to a Darwin export .drwn file which imports into WCS / InSite is in there.

RobW
05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Sounds good, I'll talk to our Rep & see if we can get some more in-depth information too. Thanks!