PDA

View Full Version : preps template not editable

Rich Wiebe
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
i try to edit a template and get error message
"This template is being edited by someone else"

we don't use preps over a network and do not have it installed on any other workstations

what gives?

paul5
06-10-2009, 01:14 AM
What version of Preps are you using, upload the template and I will check it here for you.

Paul

mike5
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Try to duplicate the template and open the copy. This used to work back in the day... You may need to relaunch Preps to get it to see the "new" template.

Rich Wiebe
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Preps 5.3.2

renaming the file did not work
restarting preps did not work
removing and replacing dongle did not work

copied template out of template folder and opening did work and i was able to save it over the old template in template folder

Thanks much for input

digital@sig-1.com
06-10-2009, 04:45 PM
This is going to sound kind of crazy, but was the .tpl file renamed and a new template saved with the old name? In preps, the template name and the template file name can be different, so you also have to change the file name to reflect the change. If you don't, it will try to save over any new template using it's old template name (if there is one) and possibly show this error. To see this (and change the template name, but not the file name) go to Template --> Template Information. They should both match. Hard to explain, but once you see it you'll understand what I'm talking about.
________
KX60 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KX60)

Rich Wiebe
06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
perfect sense

a few templates brought up this problem
but, using the same technique as described above i was able to open and re-save back into templates folder, then able to open later from templates folder

digital@sig-1.com
06-10-2009, 06:20 PM
So.... problem solved? :D
________
herbalire vaporizer review (http://herbalairevaporizer.com)

Rich Wiebe
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
yes sirs,

this problem is circumvented for the moment

johnb3
06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Most likely it is locked. On a MAC Get Info and unlock the fine.

kwood
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
If after you receive the message of "This template is being edited by someone else" it will open but not let you do anything to it. This is another suggestion that will sound like it it crazy but I have had this happen several times as well as the names of each signature showing up completely different than the files show you they are named and also showing you a mark has been added when viewing the template but if bringing into Prinergy it is still missing. Make a new template and copy and paste each sig into the new template. Close the original and save on top of it. Everything still links even though the names show they are different than they did show from the job add signature box and missing marks will be there.