PDA

View Full Version : bleed marks from Preps

eric1
06-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to get bleed marks to show in prinergy when in preps preferences the show bleed marks box is checked. I'm sure there is a cfg file somewhere I need to edit, but not sure which one or the proper verbage to use.

monica.chow
06-26-2009, 09:54 PM
On your Prinergy server, look for %AraxiHome%\CreoAraxi\AraxiPreps\Profiles folder, if you are launching interactive Preps from a Workshop job, you will need to edit this cfg file: \PrepsPrinergy\PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template.

It might not be inside the cfg file yet, if you don't see it, add to the bottom of the list:
-BLEEDCROP:YES

eric1
06-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks Monica,

I had that part. The part I didn't have but the RC helped with was in my import template in the import raw imposition files area you have to be pointed to the PrepsPrinergy profile. Ours was set to default.

monica.chow
06-26-2009, 11:07 PM
The Import PT raw imposition file tab is meant for importing .job files where it would require the Preps engine on the Prinergy server to convert the .job to a JT. If you're importing a JT using the Import PT, the profile setting there would not make any differences.

eric1
06-26-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure what all that meant. We just create templates in preps and then use Prinergy Signature Selection to create the imposition. I had added the verbage to the cfg file but it wasn't working. Then the RC told me to change the import template from default to PrepsPrinergy and it started giving me the bleed marks. The only other way I could get them to show up was to use external imposition application and print the pjtf, then the bleed marks would show.

monica.chow
06-27-2009, 12:37 AM
With Prinergy Signature Selection, it is another way to create a Preps .job file, which would then use the Preps engine on the Prinergy server to also create a JT from it.

Did you add the config line into your default.cfg on the server? If you did, you can probably use the Default profile in your Import PT to get the mark to show up.

It sounds like you've only added the line into PrepsPrinergy.cfg.template, which is the cfg file meant to open external imposition application (I call it interactive Preps sometimes).

eric1
06-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks Monica for all the info. I will probably add it to the default file.