PDA

View Full Version : Preps floating license and Prinergy

pat_mcfadzen
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
We just upgraded our 3 dongles to a floating license. These 3 Preps licenses will be shared amongst multiple locations. My questions is wether or not you can monitor and/or control who is using the licenses and possibly kill 1 if need be. My worry is that somebody uses Preps and goes home for the day and doesn't quit Preps. Somebody at another location needs it, tries to launch, but can't. Is there a way to go on the Prinergy server and determine who all has Preps launched and possibly free up a license from the server. Thanks in advance.

tapin2
08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Pat,

Currently with Preps v5, no! And Prinergy for that matter, no!

However with the coming release of Preps v6, the new licensing portion of Preps v6 does offer an ability to report the total number of licenses your Prinergy has - as well as the number of licenses that are available for use! My favorite feature of this, is that it can report the details of the license and give you a list of which workstation(s) have 'checked out' a license.

This tool will not disconnect the user from the license so another user can use the license, it will simply tell you who is "using" the license. But at least now you know which workstation is tying up a license and you can go from there.

Hope that helps, cheers,

pat_mcfadzen
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Bummer, Oh well hopefully it won't be much of an issue. thanks for the response.