PDA

View Full Version : Preps 6 licensing

dwyers
09-14-2009, 12:39 AM
I downloaded the Preps 6 beta version but have not installed it. I was then told the beta version was out of date so went to Ecentral to get the latest version and have downloaded the Preps_6-0-0_Mac_Installer.zip and installed it so i can have a look around and get a feel for it.

Unfortunately not having a license available on a dongle or on the server seems to be stopping me from creating a pjtf file for Prinergy.

Is there any plans in place for a proper demo license to become available? I have sent a message to our local Techs.

Thanks, Dennis.

Apparently if I was running Prinergy V5 I could get a temp floating licence but I am on Prinergy 4.1 - How do I test or setup for the change to Preps 6?

tapin2
09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Preps 6 should run in Demo mode if a dongle or floating license is not available. This would allow you to go through the entire application. You could visit the the Online Help, Preps Demonstrations and Preps User Guide to get familiar with the new features of Preps 6.

It is true, however, in Demo mode you will not be able to save or print any results. I would suggest then, that you contact your Kodak rep to see about getting an evaluation license.

Cheers,

spw70
09-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Can you instal preps 6 on a computer that has already preps 5.3.3 installed and is it possible to run the two next to each other, not at the same time of course.I just dont want my preps 5.3.3 to be uninstalled. I would love to check the program out but do not have a mac extra to do so. Hopefully someone can clear this out for me? :)

tapin2
09-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes, it is possible to run Preps 5.x (at different times) and Preps 6. You will have to obtain a Preps 6 license, but yes it can be done.