PDA

View Full Version : RE: Graphic Usersí Association Print 09 Board Meeting Update

tclifford
09-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Everyone,

As promised here's an update on what happened at the GUA board meeting in Chicago... The GUA Board met during Print 09 in Chicago and we accomplished a lot of good stuff as we focused on building a stronger GUA organization that ensured we continued to provide the GUA organization and itsí Kodak customer members value.

The GUA Board members present were: myself; John Henderson, The Bureau; Mike Cates, Hallmark; Peter Madlinger, Hemlock.and representing Kodak Jon Bracken and Michele Laird-Williams. Unable to attend due to schedule conflicts:Karen Nielsen, Schmidt Printing, Liz Synadinos, Lithographix and David Wigfield.

The GUA Board currently has 3 open customer member seats. We will be publishing more information about the GUA Election Process in October, so check back for more information! Start thinking about who you would to represent your needs and providing tools and resources to help build your companies success and growth in the graphics industry!

Meeting Highlights and Accomplishments:

∑ Discussed how open communications and continual feedback is important to ensure the growth and long-term success of the GUA organization.

∑ Discussed ways the GUA can grow new membership and expand the GUA offering beyond the North American conference and Forums to include other venues that provide high value to our members such as Webinars on topics deemed important by our members, focus group sessions, and GUA seminars at regional conferences to name a few!!

∑ The Board members worked hard to update the GUA Vision, Mission and mapped framework to build a robust value proposition statement for the organization. We will publish soon!! We are committed to the GUA Motto - "Knowledge is Power. Knowledge Shared is Empowerment."

∑ The meeting concluded with discussions about planning a exciting 2010 North American conference, reviewing date options, and locations based on the feedback from the members who attended the recent North American conference. In addition, we discussed the importance of the demo lab, University Classes and Session topics that were highly valued and a hit this year and how to repeat success for 2010. In the next few weeks we will publish more details and save the date information so you can start your planning early.

I'm truly excited about whats happening and the commitment we have from Kodak. We have lots of good things coming down the pipe. Comments and questions are always welcome. Thanks!

smiller
09-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Thomas,

Thank you, to you and all customer board members for your time and effort on behalf of the GUA. While I've not attended a GUA conference for a number of years, the organization and it's activities are important to me and my company. I am anxious to see the new ideas come to life.

Cheers

tclifford
10-09-2009, 03:14 PM
QUICK UPDATE!

We had a board meeting yesterday. We have narrowed down hotel selection to 3 hotels and 2 possible dates in April 2010.

So in the next week to 10 days, we will have more info... STAY TUNED!!

So exciting

tc

wendytf
10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
QUICK UPDATE!

We had a board meeting yesterday. We have narrowed down hotel selection to 3 hotels and 2 possible dates in April 2010.

So in the next week to 10 days, we will have more info... STAY TUNED!!

So exciting

tc

ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!

tclifford
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Board conf call tomorrow. Should have it all nailed down then...

tc

ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!

jaxtell
10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Any word on the next GUA?
jerry

tclifford
10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Jerry and All,

I was literally a few keystrokes from updateing everyone with date, time and hotel, when another hotel that was out of the running came back with a much better rate then we had first thought. Hotels are bidding against themselves for our business and we are winning big time...

here is what I know...

April 2010 still finalizing the time slot based on hotel and conference space rate...

Vancouver, BC Canada

Get your visa's now... ALL US Residence MUST have a passport to enter Canada

http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html

I found this PDF file helpful in determining if you needed a passport book or passport card...

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/ppt_pptCard.pdf

I owe you date and hotel but that.s coming...

tc

Any word on the next GUA?
jerry

Sebastian Cote
11-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Thomas

is anybody from Transcontinental showed up to have one of us on the board? I think we should be represented there.

Thanks

rob.morgan
11-13-2009, 03:30 PM
You need to get nominated and elected by your fellow members to get on the board. Elections usually happen at the conference... is it still every two years, Tom?

Cheers,
Rob