PDA

View Full Version : GUA 2010: SAVE the DATE!!

tclifford
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
SAVE THE DATE!

Don't miss the GUA Conference which will be full of topics and tools to help your company thrive during these challenging economic times!

2010 - Graphic Users’ Association North American Conference

WHEN: April 11- 14, 2010
WHERE: Vancouver, Canada

Knowledge is Power. Knowledge Shared is Empowerment.

• Learn about solutions that can benefit your business.
• Attend GUA University Classes for Beginner and Advanced
• Hear Tips & Tricks from your peers
• Talk directly to Kodak executives and product managers

Challenging times require solutions to deliver greater efficiency! Make 2010 your business Olympic Year and WIN the Gold!!

Don't miss the GUA Conference - Hold April 11-14 on your calendar!

Get your visa's now... ALL US Residence MUST have a passport to enter Canada

http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html

I found this PDF file helpful in determining if you needed a passport book or passport card...

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/ppt_pptCard.pdf

Stay Tuned for More Details...

hbinsbergen
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks so much Tom, that will be one 15 hour easy flight for us from Aus, looking forward to visiting Vancouver again.

wendytf
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Thank you for the info Tom. I'm looking forward to Vancouver too. Easy flight, and I don't have to worry about getting back into the country if my purse is stolen (like it was in Hollywood, Florida).

:)

Do we have a hotel?

tclifford
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
We have narrowed it down to two...but leaning towards the Sheraton Wall Centre. They have the bext night rate and conference space. its not 100% baked so do not quote me, This is not an official announcement... but I bet we stay there....

Do we have a hotel?

sharpy98
11-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Would like to get approval and try to arrange airfare early. Do you know if Kodak will be doing the GUA credits again this year? If so, any idea if the amounts will be the same as pervious years?

tclifford
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
The members of the GUA Board is pleased to tell you that we have secured a location for the GUA conference in Vancouver, Canada!

http://tommytrc.com/img/sheraton.jpg

The beautiful Sheraton Wall Center, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Canada. We heard your feedback from the GUA 2009 North American Conference, and you will be able to enjoy the Vancouver sites, shopping and restaurants with just a short walk from the hotel. High Speed Internet in your hotel rooms will also be included for no additional charge to you!!

Look for more information shortly regarding how you can register for the 2010 GUA North American conference and book your hotel room.

SAVE THE DATE!

Don't miss the GUA Conference which will be full of topics and tools to help your company thrive during these challenging economic times!

2010 - Graphic Users’ Association North American Conference

WHEN: April 11- 14, 2010
WHERE: Sheraton Wall Center
1088 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9

We look forward to seeing you in 2010!

john.hemsley
12-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Tom, Any European dates planned yet?

sharpy98
12-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Any input on if Kodak will be doing the GUA credits again this year? If so, any idea if the amounts will be the same as pervious years?

tclifford
12-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I have no news on this. but to be fair, I do not focus on it either. But I know Kodak is working on it... I just have no info. let me see what I can dig up...

Hi Tom, Any European dates planned yet?

tclifford
12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I need to engage jon bracken on this. I have heard no talk of eliminating the credit...

Any input on if Kodak will be doing the GUA credits again this year? If so, any idea if the amounts will be the same as pervious years?

susan
12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Did I miss seeing the bylaws get posted?

sharpy98
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
See the new ad banner is ready. Any idea when the registration site will be up and/or additional details for will be released?

tclifford
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Reg site is live now.. I need to get the link to post... hold please :)~

See the new ad banner is ready. Any idea when the registration site will be up and/or additional details for will be released?

john.hemsley
01-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Tom,

Any news on the European dates?

john.hemsley
01-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I guess not then

tclifford
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Working on this john..no dates that I know of.

not yet at least.

thomas

I guess not then

tclifford
01-21-2010, 02:54 PM
new GUA 2010 website and registration page will be released today...

link in a few hours...

tc

john.hemsley
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Working on this john..no dates that I know of.

not yet at least.

thomas

Thank you.

stephen.minney
01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey Tom,

Is there a program for the conference as yet? It makes it easier to get approval once we see what sessions are in place.

Cheers

Steve

tclifford
01-22-2010, 04:02 PM
YES!!!

The GUA2010 website once it goes live... sigh... was supposed to be yesterday, has the complete conference.

gerowa
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Is there a program for the conference as yet? It makes it easier to get approval once we see what sessions are in place.

Cheers

Steve[/QUOTE]

Session one is Golf lessons from the Canadians. Session two is drinking lessons from the Aussies!

Cheers Steve.

Hope to see you there

jeff.piotrowski
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I am getting ready to sign up for the GUA conference and make travel arrangements.
We are in the process of upgrading to Prinergy 5 so that we can take advantage of the latest and greatest. Hoping to attain some helpful and insightful information from this conference.
I can't seem to find the program details on the site, maybe I am just overlooking it, can you help with this.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Piotrowski
Prepress Systems Administrator
Marketing Alliance Group, Inc.
2830 N. Dug Gap Rd.
Dalton, GA 30720

wendytf
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Jeff, a tentative schedule is posted here.

http://www.mygua.org/forums/showpost.php?p=21075&postcount=9

sharpy98
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Anyone know if there is a credit form that we will need completed for the hotel? I know we needed it last year for those of us who may not have the credit card with us that the room was reserved or is being paid for with.

TIA

stephen.minney
03-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Anyone know if there is a credit form that we will need completed for the hotel? I know we needed it last year for those of us who may not have the credit card with us that the room was reserved or is being paid for with.

TIA

I believe if you contact the hotel directly they can email you a form to fill out and fax back.

stephen.minney
03-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Is there any chance this year to get a copy of the presentations in a timely fashion at the end of the conference? Our management need a written report within a week or two of returning from the conference but the presentations can take a few months to reach the website. I can understand that the reason may be to delay until the European conference. Is it possible that these can be available for downloading at the Hub for those that need them?

Thanks

Steve

wendytf
03-16-2010, 04:10 AM
sharpy, there is a form you can fax to the hotel for 3rd party credit card. You have to send it back 3 days before your arrival.

I emailed reservations@wallcentre.com and they sent me a PDF of the form. I'm gonna run it through Prinergy and see if it works before I fax it back.

;)

wendytf
03-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Those asking for schedule can find it on the website at http://www.gua2010.com/2010AtAGlance.pdf

Tom, I have to ask what's up with the changes. There was an evening event with dinner at Grouse Mountain that I thought was going to be awesome. It got changed to dinner at the Museum of Anthropology. ack

Now Tuesday evening that was dinner and then drinks with the Executive Team has changed to "Open Night - Dinner on Own". What does that mean exactly?

jeff.piotrowski
03-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Those asking for schedule can find it on the website at http://www.gua2010.com/2010AtAGlance.pdf

Tom, I have to ask what's up with the changes. There was an evening event with dinner at Grouse Mountain that I thought was going to be awesome. It got changed to dinner at the Museum of Anthropology. ack

Now Tuesday evening that was dinner and then drinks with the Executive Team has changed to "Open Night - Dinner on Own". What does that mean exactly?

I was thinking the same thing, was glad to see someone say something about it.
Enjoyed Universal Studio last year! Cannot see MOA being near as enjoyable.

tclifford
03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Wendy et all,

I have been tied up switching jobs. I left RRD and now am at a much smaller company. After my first week i was sent to training in Boston, so I have been a little,..okay a lot out of touch the lat 3 weeks. The baord took a voite and thought the MOA would be a better fit as we could have all access pass to the place, where we would have to share Grouse mountain with the rest of the public and that wold have been awkward. As for the open evening, I'll followup with you on that point...

thomas

wendytf
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Just came back to say... I was very happy to get room confirmation earlier than expected.

The link attached to the confirmation email states that all rooms are in the North Tower. internet in the rooms is included in our room rate. Health club access is free.

The scheduled classes look to have come together, and I have planned out my days.

wendytf
03-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Will we get confirmation of what's included in the companion fee? It says "all meals", but now I'm unsure if it includes Tuesday evening dinner.

I can't seem to find the final date for registering companions. I thought I saw something that said no changes after April 3rd.