View Full Version : Upgrading Proofer

11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I am looking at upgrading our proofer software from 3.3.0 to 4.0. Does anyone know if I have to be on a certian level software on the Prinergy server. I am running the administrator on the Prenergy of Any in put on this would be greatly apprecated since I have no training on these system and do not want to be down at all of course.

11-25-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't believe this should be any problem. I know of a shop where they're still running Prinergy vers 3 and they just installed the latest version of the proofing software.

11-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the come back and I will give it a try. I read the docs and it seems like all I have to do is upgrade the proofer computer since the clients are already running right?

11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Once you apply the update, you can mount the ProofClient share from the server and get the latest version of the client if it does not automatically update.

11-26-2009, 06:01 AM

Just a quick note to let you know that KPS 4.0 is fully compatible with Prinergy 4.1.x.x.

Note that KPS 4.2.0 has been recently released for MPI and is a free upgrade to all KPS 4.0 customers. So if you are upgrading you may want to also consider pulling up to the latest.

I have attached a link to the release notes for KPs 4.2.0 for your reading pleasure.