PDA

View Full Version : Preps - Individual bleed values

mike.worth
04-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to have individual bleed values in a Sheetwise job? We use negative bleed values to put a glueline on some pages but when we place it on Page 2 Preps also places it on Page 1 where it is not required. Can we overide this and have a negative bleed on Page 2 and not Page 1. The reason we want to use Sheetwise is so we can check the backup with Creo VPS software.

Regards
Mike

eduardo
04-03-2006, 01:10 AM
Hi Mike,

I apply a Smart Rectangle Mark anchored on Page (Preps 5.2) (mirror on black enable), using a page range.

Individual bleeds for front and back pages are welcome...

Best regards

sequoyah
04-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Mike,

I don't think it can be done using the imposed page 2, but you can essentially replace that page with an independent page on that side of the press sheet while leaving the imposed page 1 on the other side:

Select page 2 in the template editor and get info. Copy the dimensions and coordinates for the page and then set the page number in that dialog to 0 for the side on which it was originally 2. Click OK to close the dialog. Now using the dimensions and coordinates previously noted, create an independent page on the appropriate side of the press sheet, assign it the page number 2, and set it's bleed values as needed.

Al Ferrari

mike.worth
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi Mike,

I apply a Smart Rectangle Mark anchored on Page (Preps 5.2) (mirror on black enable), using a page range.

Individual bleeds for front and back pages are welcome...

Best regards
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the info. We are currently using Preps 5.1.1 and I am unable to find any reference to anchoring a Smart Mark to a page so I will look for it in our next upgrade. (I hope its not to far away).
It would also be great if the bleeds were visable in Preps so we didn't have to go in and out info boxes to check the values. They are visable in the VPS software.

Regards
Mike

mike.worth
04-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Mike,

I don't think it can be done using the imposed page 2, but you can essentially replace that page with an independent page on that side of the press sheet while leaving the imposed page 1 on the other side:

Select page 2 in the template editor and get info. Copy the dimensions and coordinates for the page and then set the page number in that dialog to 0 for the side on which it was originally 2. Click OK to close the dialog. Now using the dimensions and coordinates previously noted, create an independent page on the appropriate side of the press sheet, assign it the page number 2, and set it's bleed values as needed.

Al Ferrari
Hi Al,
Thanks for the feedback. I had tried independent pages but found it a little involved with larger templates and it becomes complex if the template needs to be adjusted for any reason. i.e. page size or web size. I was just hoping for an easy way out. ;)
Regards
Mike

crozier
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM
One possible work around I would try is to create a multi web signature with two single sided signatures and apply the negative bleed on the pages of signature 2. You will need to pay attention when numbering the pages though.
Good luck.

tlotzer
08-04-2006, 07:57 PM
We normally just placed a white rectangle over the page, bring to front.

I wonder if you could put the rectangle in the Quark or Indesign layout?