PDA

View Full Version : A friend in Need...

tclifford
12-16-2009, 07:13 PM
GUA members near and far,

Those of us who are legacy members of the CUA, CSUA, and now the GUA will remember long time board member and huge advocate Chris Illa. Well Chris has been stricken with cancer and is in need of your thoughts, emails and especially prayers. Over the years he has put in countless hours on our behalf, and I feel it's time we repay him with a bit of time ourselves.

Below is an email outlining his condition. Please feel free to email him your love and support.

THANK YOU for making a difference.

Thomas

To all my friends,

I thought I would send out an e-mail to bring everyone up to speed on my health situation. As some of you may know, I have been sick for the past month or so. After a series of tests it was determined that I have colon cancer. The doctors are unsure what stage the cancer is in and will not stage the cancer until after the operation is complete and the biopsy results are in. Now that we finally have a diagnosis we can begin to treat this disease. The first step will be surgery to remove the cancerous section of my large intestine. I am going in for this procedure on Friday, November 20th at Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia. It looks like I will be out of the office approximately 6 to 8 weeks recovering from this surgery. Once I have recovered from the surgery I will probably begin chemotherapy and possibly radiation treatments. The doctors have not elaborated on what this post-op treatment will look like until they get the information from my surgery and biopsy.

Today will be my last day at Japs for a couple of months.

I look at this as one of those setbacks life throws you from time to time. I am confident that I will have a full recovery and will be back at it in no time! I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

My home e-mail is chrisilla@mchsi.com

Take care,
Chris