PDA

View Full Version : Partial Web Page Numbering

Cygnus43
02-04-2010, 03:19 AM
I am new to Preps 6, still learning the ropes. Hope Iím not to long winded here. I work for a newspaper that also prints commercial work. We run a single wide GOSS web press. I went through the Preps 6 tutorial on how to create a multi web job with a partial web and then apply page numbering with the page numbering tool.

The problem I noticed in the tutorial is that Preps did not renumber the pages correctly and when the instructor applied page numbering to the partial web to correct this he placed the pages in the wrong position but it worked for what he was doing.

I attempted to copy his steps except assign the correct pages in the correct position. When the page numbering tool asked me to place page 6 I attempted to go to web 1 and replace page 8 with page 6 because that is where page 6 needs to be. But it did not allow me to do so. So I entered page 10 in the page numbering tool and attempted to place it head to head with page 3 where it belongs and still Preps did not allow me to do so.

What am I missing?

blujely37
02-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I am also having trouble with the numbering on partial webs. I was trying to create a 24 pg signature with a full web and a half web. When I was numbering the template it would not let me put page number 5 in the correct position. Page 5 should be on the bottom of web 1 but Preps would not allow me to place it anywhere on web 1. I could however place 5 anywhere I wanted to on web 2. One thing I did notice was that page 5 would be on web 2 if I was making a 32pg sig with 2 full webs. So I'm not sure if Preps just isn't figuring the numbering correctly and thats why it won't allow me to do it or if I'm doing something wrong. I will attach a pdf of the layout from preps 5 that I am trying to recreate in 6. If anyone else wants to try to recreate it and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks

tapin2
02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
In both numbering scenarios, Preps 6 tries to predetermine the numbering sequence. If it does not match Preps will not let it happen.

We are working on a solution to over ride that.

Cygnus43
02-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the update. We are looking forward to the solution.

Cygnus43
02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
I was told by a Kodak rep that the feedback he received from product development is that the problem will be resolved in Preps 6.1 targeted for release at the end of may.