PDA

View Full Version : Who are John Fowler and Franz Sigg?

rgoodman
04-06-2006, 04:21 PM
When processing files via Prinergy, in the process plan details/history the names John Fowler and Franz Sigg pop up.

For example, I'll read:

"Encountered Postscript Created by John Fowler.Creo"

Who are these guys?

lmacdonald
04-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi there,

John Fowler is a Senior Systems Engineer here at Kodak Vancouver - he had a long and illustrious career at Creo - and has been involved in development of Creo products as long as I can remember :) (I've been here for 11 years).

I'm not sure who Franz Sigg is - maybe someone in development will have better information. A guess - since Prinergy was originally a joint venture with Heidelberg is that it may be one of their engineers...

Best regards,
Lesley

dwyers
04-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Our Prinergy V3 refers to Wilmingdon_Production occasionally which i am told is a server in Canada. Where it comes from nobody knows.........

Dennis Wyers.

lmacdonald
04-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Hi Dennis,

On our Burnaby Campus here in Vancouver - there are several buildings - the one where the Prinergy Product & Development team live is called the Willingdon Building - so "Willingdon_Production" is a server that lives in world of Prinergy Product Development :)

Responding from the Gilmore building in Vancouver....
Lesley

lmacdonald
04-13-2006, 12:17 AM
When processing files via Prinergy, in the process plan details/history the names John Fowler and Franz Sigg pop up.

For example, I'll read:

"Encountered Postscript Created by John Fowler.Creo"

Who are these guys?

Hi All - well I got the official word from John Fowler himself - he said "Our names show up in Prinergy because that software reports the creator of each PostScript file that it refines. (The creator of any PostScript file is indicated as a standardized DSC comment in the file.) Franz and I hand-coded EPS imposition marks—Franz produced the Kodak Thermal Guide under contract, and I created the Creo Image Control Strip."

So there you have it :)
Lesley

rgoodman
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi All - well I got the official word from John Fowler himself - he said "Our names show up in Prinergy because that software reports the creator of each PostScript file that it refines. (The creator of any PostScript file is indicated as a standardized DSC comment in the file.) Franz and I hand-coded EPS imposition marks—Franz produced the Kodak Thermal Guide under contract, and I created the Creo Image Control Strip."

Lesley:

Thanks for getting back to us with this interesting and historical information!