PDA

View Full Version : iPhone useage in Canada

tclifford
04-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Dear fellow GUA users...

Are you an iPhone users from the US?? Are you on AT&T? Be careful of the cost!!! AT&T charges $4.95 for a month, now data costs $29.99 for 25 MB worth of data!!! And if you send a text message, its $.50 PER MESSAGE!! BE careful. If you want to use data here's the pricing...

You have been warned!!!!

$24.99/month: 20 MB Data Global Add-On gives you 20 MB of usage within more than 90 countries
$59.99/month: 50 MB Data Global Add-On gives you 50 MB of usage within more than 90 countries
Overage rate is $0.005/KB within the more than 90 discounted countries.

*Rate outside these discounted countries is $0.0195/KB.
Does not include data usage within the U.S. Qualified domestic plan required. Call 1-800-331-0500 to sign up now.

FROM ROZ --> from the Sheraton Website...

The Link @ Sheraton
Out of town doesn't mean out of touch. You can stay connected to what's important to you with "connection destination," the Link @ Sheraton. Receive access to:

Free Wi-Fi
Free PC Workstations
TV on PC Workstations
Printing

The Link is located on the 3rd floor in between the towers

allan.larson
04-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Rogers and AT&T are partners. When I travel to the US from Canada, I can get a Travel pack which gives me roaming at local pricing, 50 texts outgoing and unlimited incoming text for around $20 when I travel to the States. I am not sure if this is available going into Canada, but you should check with AT&T before you fly to temporarily add this to your account so you can avoid the shocker later.
Allan

tclifford
04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
OK it gets WORSE!!!

With the $4.99 Canada voice plan... your cost per min of cell phone usage is 59 cents instead of the low low rate of 79 cents a min, what a deal!!!! Even with the plan. Well the hits keep on coming! When you get a call and let it goto voice mail, you get BILLED the 59 cents per minute rate for them to leave you a voice mail and when you listen to the VM, it cuts into your data rate. What a screw job!! Why even bother?

tclifford
04-08-2010, 09:41 PM
A great idea, use Skype from the WIFI spot... Brilliant!!!